Y 2 RaY's 2010 RALLIART Sportback

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by y2ray7697, Jun 2, 2011.

1. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

np at all man are you going to ecmm?

2. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no. I can't get out if work so not this year. It sucks

Tomorrow I'm gonna be taking a video of the exhaust and putting pics up!

3. slickdevil08

ill be in pa by tmmrw. Woot!
    sounds good man ill have to check and hear dis bish.

4. y2ray7697

2010 RALLIART Sportback (Ultimate-Racing Mufflers Project)

So, I actually bought the Ultimate-Racing performance mufflers and installed them, and I've gotta say that this was the second easiest thing to install on the RA so far. When I bought the axle-back exhaust for my GTS and bolted that on it wasn't even this easy! This exhaust truly is a direct bolt-on and I couldn't be happier with it. I've never heard this great of a sound coming from just replacing the muffler on a car. The tone is deep, low, and it GROWLS in the lower RPM ranges. It has that signature turbo gurgle sound that I LOOOOVE, and it sounds a little like an SRT-4 to be honest.

I ordered the exhaust from Lancershop.com, and I was very surprised at how quickly it got to me. It took 6 days. Well, actually 4 -- I ordered it on a Thursday and got it on Wednesday the next week. If I had ordered it Monday, I'd have had it by Friday. But, I ordered it off of them because I had a 10% off coupon code through them and it worked out to get the mufflers cheaper this way than directly through Ultimate-Racing (even though it was sent FROM THEIR WAREHOUSE).

[​IMG]

This is the box that came to my house. I couldn't wait to start tearing it apart and seeing what was inside. I was very shocked at all the packing peanuts that were in the box and they flew alllll over. But after digging through all those I found the exhaust. The muffler tips were welded on because I got it with the rolled tips on it, and they had the Magnaflow boxes wrapped around them to protect during shipping. Here's what was inside the package:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I got to work straight away installing it! The stock muffler was a little rough getting off, just because of the end pieces on the rods holding it into the hangers. But, once i lubed them up really good, I was able to slide them right out and unbolt the whole muffler from the midpipe. Here;s what they look like side-by-side. The stock muffler is on the left and the new mufflers are on the right. What a difference!

[​IMG]

The installation was super easy. All I had to do was slide the rods into the hangers and then bolt everything up tightly. All-in-all, the whole installation took less than 25 minutes! It was well worth the money, and I recommend this exhaust to anyone with the Ralliart. I doubt I'll be purchasing the midpipe at all, and even if I do any exhaust work I'll just have a custom midpipe made at my local exhaust shop. Hope you all like it!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope to have a video up soon of the sound. Keep posted and I'm going to try and get that done, because you don't actually believe it until you hear it!

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Wow. It looks really sick.

6. y2ray7697

2010 RALLIART Sportback (Ultimate-Racing Mufflers Project) -- VIDEO!!

Here's the video of how the exhaust sounds!

ENJOY!!!

[video=youtube;Cvo1BQ8bZLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvo1BQ8bZLY[/video]​

7. slickdevil08

sounds pretty sick bro i like it!

8. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Sounds really good. I hope you plan on getting a tune soon. Considering you change the upper intercooler pipe and added an exhaust. You are missing out on some real power.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

9. y2ray7697

Well I haven't added the midpipe I don't really plan to yet I just wanted more sound. The cats running great right now it's just right (not rich or lean) so I'm gonna let it be for now. Maybe eventually ill do a COBB accessport but a pro tune won't happen unless I drive six hours...no thx

10. Jogenmaru

But your coming to ecmm. So you gonna need that tune. And that wasn't a question it was a statement

11. slickdevil08

oh sweet hes coming to ecmm?>

12. Jogenmaru

I really don't know. I was demanding it like that nagging wife. Lol

Only because I really want to see this r/a.

13. slickdevil08

oh okay lol.
    yeah i would love to see his ride down here for the ecmm

14. y2ray7697

Sorry guys there's no way I can make it. My boss is on vacation that week and I can't get off cuz I'm the one in charge then. I wish I could go :-(

15. slickdevil08

BOOO!!!!!! :lame:

its okay tho maybe next year :)

16. y2ray7697

Definitely next year! It really sucks because I put in my request then he goes and says he's already on vacation that week...COUGHbullshitCOUGH lol.

17. slickdevil08

sounds like a boss for ya lol

18. y2ray7697

2010 RALLIART Sportback (Project RALLIART Badge)

I took all the badges off the rear of the car EXCEPT for the RalliArt badge. But the one problem is that the one from the factory is WAY TOO FREAKIN' SMALL!!! You can't even read it from behind the car...but ohhhh LANCER is HUGE. What a shock! I want to show off that I own a RALLIART...especially since most people don't even realize my car is a Lancer since the sportbacks are so new yet.

Anyways, I started shopping around and found a really nice badge on eBay and decided to go for it. It was only 3 bucks, so why not!

[​IMG]

It's really nicely sized, and has amazing detail to it. It's a lot thicker and seems of great quality compared to the flimsy ones that used to be sold. It was backed with 3M tape for easy peel and stick application. Here's what the two badges (stock and new) looked like side by side. It's a HUGE difference!

[​IMG]

And, of course, here's the final product. What a difference it makes, you can actually read what exactly I'm driving now, which I love. Most people reallt love to go without badges but I'd prefer to let people know when I'm driving something that's not very ordinary!

[​IMG]

Here's a quick bonus for everyone, since I didn't get a chance to post this before. I painted my engine cover white. Not the entire thing, just the part that's usually red on the EVO X. I think it turned out great! Rather than masking everything off and spraying the cover, I used brushes! Sprayed the paint onto a piece of cardboard and then painted it on. I did about two coats and it hasn't come off at all in 3 weeks, so I'm assuming I did a great job with it!​

[​IMG]

Yes, I know there are fingerprints all over the front of the cover, I have since wiped it clean and shined everything up again, so once I get a chance I'll be taking more pics under the hood and post them up here for everyone. Hope you guys like it!!

19. slickdevil08

good stuff man i like it!

20. y2ray7697

Turbosmart BOV coming tomorrow...CANT WAIT!!!