Turrrboooo Timeeee 05 ES

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by mouse, Jul 28, 2010.

1. mouse

mouse Active Member

I agree with him as well but c the diff i c here is ok i paid a lot for the kit not only because mostly everything else came perfect with the kit but also becuz of RRM's customer service tho dont get me wrong im mad as can b becuz ive been without my car for 2 weeks and that is my daily driver but like i said before if they send me rite pipe and the turbo works perfectly after that then i have no complains except that it took way to long to install lol

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Yep. Which is why most of their customers are on the west coast. Their rep is mostly based on ppl that live in CALI around the corner from them. But that won't stop me from buying there products. They good ppl. Their products are great (assuming you get the right/whole thing the first time). Good ppl, good intentions, shit happens. In there case quite a bit. They are a small business in the big business world. They should be set up properly by now but things don't always work out the way you want. I assume they are busy a lot of the time and they want to hire good ppl but it's a trust matter. I don't want to hire the best guy out there and not trust him. I'd rather hire the idiot and trust him 100% and screw up a few things and be mad with him than to hire that guy that will sell all my secrets to other vendors and they offer them for cheaper. You'd be outta business quick. It has been I guess a decade since they've been around. Im not against them but I'm not for messup's either. Shit happens. But with 4.3k I would get it right the first time. Mouse should have been done buy now if he got it all the first time. I'm still standing neutal with them until I see more screw-ups.

3. Jogenmaru

And mouse...you may want to tighten everything now....some stuff just doesn't seem to be sitting well looking as some pics....but it mostly the intake area....so that may be fixed when you get the rest of it. And did the downpipe come with the kit? and retro fit your front bumper back on. It doesnt look like it will fit right with that i/c.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  4. mouse

mouse Active Member

Yea Jogen one thing that was the worst of this whole process was the time diff between Mia and Cali and also how we can only communicate with pictures which is hard for them 2 c the problems but as far as tightening everything i did that they day after the intake pipe didnt come in right the second time so its way better now i just took those pics the day before and the I/C fit perfectly with the bumper you can see in the pic i took and we didnt even fully put it on and it fit niceee and yea kit came with downpipe

5. mouse

mouse Active Member

Here is the first video its the second start up i forgot to record first one :( lol also please ignore my wak friend lol

[​IMG]

This is a second video of BOV sound from inside car

[​IMG]

and this last one is of BOV sound from outside

[​IMG]

im sooooo happyyy its finally working tho i need to tighten a couple nuts in my exhaust part but going to a shop to do that tomorrow morning also to get puller n tranny cooler installed i want to dyno but feels 2 early for that but i might b tempted but def next week it will b dynoed :)

and here they r in youtube if u cnt see them in photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ZhepHKaz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqZA4smjwc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX9QGPDWW7E

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  6. Jogenmaru

ROFLMAO....I think this is what you wanted to do...

[​IMG]

fyi, just use the image code for everything up here for photobucket.

7. mouse

mouse Active Member

aite fixed it lolol my b aint kno how to do all that

8. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Sounds like a guy's car I know, but can't think of the car he drives right now.

9. mouse

mouse Active Member

Thanks meng i really do like how it sounds not to loud not to quiet n BOV i love :biggrin:

10. mouse

mouse Active Member

here are some new pics of my car all nice and washed n riding very nice enjoy n thanks for the feedbak guys :biggrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Lookin' good. CF hood? Are you a cf kinda guy? I know some people don't like it, but for some reason I like it a lot on silver cars.

12. mouse

mouse Active Member

Tanks a lot meng but im not an all out CF guy but defff like CF my first plan i had a while bak was going CF lip and Cf hood from RRM butttt i dont like RRM lip at all and after all the trouble i went with them undecided of getting their hood but if i could find i would love to go CF lip n hood :biggrin:

13. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

it looks pretty sick, i love black on silver. looks super clean. hows the turbo treatin ya? and whats next for ya?

14. mouse

mouse Active Member

Thanks meng but the turbo is running niceee just finished puttin boost guage on going on saturday to do tranny cooler and pulley also tighten up exhuast cuz its a lil loose those r the minor things im doing next all gonna dyno it prob a week or 2 aafter i have it running with all new stuff B) lol but after that im gettin ralli front lip, new radio, turbo timer and debating of gettin RRM hood if i could other cheaper one i prob would def get it lol

and here is quick pic i took in my jobs parkin lot from window inside lol thought it looked nice

[​IMG]:biggrin:

15. Jogenmaru

One quick question. What did you do with your original downpipe? I need one and would like to buy yours. Only issue I would have is what is the diameter of the piping. I was looking for 2.25". I don't know the diameter of mine since mine was welded in february to fix a leak.

16. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Dude this is looking sweet nice build! im throwing you in for ROTM

17. mouse

mouse Active Member

dam meng i wish i could help u but when installing my turbo the downpipe was a bitchhhh to loosen up n take of stock manifold so we ended up cutting it :( lolol so its sitting in my garage rite now but its cut up my b meng

18. mouse

mouse Active Member

thanksssss a lot meng it took a lot of hard work but end result couldnt be any better specially since i just got my exhuast leak fixed and tranny cooler in riding soo nice next is pulley n dyno time by end of this month will have all that up :) thanks again

19. mouse

mouse Active Member

so i started having some probelms with my car on tuesday but they seem to go away i made another post to look for help had to deal with my car running to rich n A/F gauge acting strange i posted it on other thread but incase some of u only keep up with this thread decided to posted here 2 since today problem got worse :crap: n i made video for it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thankss guys all the help greatly appreciated {thumbup}

p.s. sorry for commentating i made this video for my friend to see prob n help me but he also suggested to post it and get more opinions he says its the piggybak which he hasnt liked since day 1 lol

20. Jogenmaru

did you plug your second o2 sensor in? If not...do it. Then lets see if it runs rich. And then try a boost leak test. You shouldn't be running rich at all. Did you let RRM now about it? That's a reason why I hate the 5th injector setup.