Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

This! I second this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping for the best right now. My dad seems pretty set on the fact that she cheated on me and has been. She told me she hasn't, and I believe her. For some reason. When we were getting the house, I told her I was afraid that she was going to get tired of me and leave me with the house. She promised me she wouldn't do that, she's not that kind of person. Well, I guess that doesn't really apply anymore, because she tells me she's changed. I keep hoping that she'll come back in a few months, but then I think well, what reason does she have to want to come back to a relationship she was unhappy and unappreciated and miserable in, when she's happy now? What reason would she come back to me to try and work on things, when she seems to be so happy with this new guy? None. It just boggles my mind. I can provide everything for her. I have my own house, good stable job, pay all the bills, responsible, don't drink or smoke. My dad keeps telling me there are too many women out there looking for what I have and can offer to have to deal with her childish ish. And, I can see where he's coming from, but why does it seem like the only one I want, doesn't want me? Sigh. But yeah, I'm down for a mini-meet. I have like 9 days of vacation left for this year, and weekends off. Hook it up, son.

3. 1slowlance

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  4. Jogenmaru

I will see what I can do in the month of August.

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, I can pretty much say she will want to come back. After the "new car smell" has worn off and she sees what she left, she will call. It always happens. "OMG, he's my SOUL MATE, He knows me better than I know myself, he's perfect".....it always starts like that. Then when she realizes that it was just infactuation and lust for somethign new, she will want the stable platform she once stood on. I've seen it way too many times...to me, as well as people I know. Just go about your life...go out with friends...get laid...do shit that you want to do. The best way to make a statement is to not say anything at all.

6. 1slowlance

That's what everyone has been telling me. To get out, do things I want to do, have fun, keep my mind off of things, find a new hobby, spend time with family. It's hard to do all of that though when I'm so depressed. She brought our dog over today when she was getting some of her stuff, said she'll get her at the end of the week. Thank y'all, for everything. The advice, the cheering up, all of it.

7. Jogenmaru

Keep the dog. And forza it up.

8. lancer2quick

Well, got the new Lancer cleaned, buffed, oil changed, new plugs, interior about 90% cleaned, engine bay clean (it was awful), new air filter, and looking at new tires for that bitch. I can officially say that it is just about up to my standards....almost....

9. lancer2quick

Oh yeah...new headlight bulbs (still had nasty OEM brown ones), and some tweeters for the mirror cover panels....the covers that are in there had the mounting locations, and perforated holes, but no tweeters. Even had the wiring harness to hook them up...just no tweets. So...sound has been improved dramatically...

10. 1slowlance

Nice, I uninstalled my subs and amp last week. They weren't working and decided to just sell them for whatever I can get. I'm not too big into the audio anymore, just want another project. Something clicked yesterday as well. I realized there's nothing I can do, and can actually talk about her leaving me without getting all choked up and ish. Things are going a lot better. My a/c went out at my house 2 nights ago. It had been making a loud noise for the past couple of days before, the fan was very loud. I turned it on when I got home that night around 1, and it ran for like 30 minutes then I smelled something burning. Lol. So, I think the fan motor went out, or the guy that's coming to take a look at it said it might be a capacitor. Home warranty ftw.

11. lancer2quick

Sucks about the A/C man...when I forst bought this place, the A/C went out after about a month. It was the condenser..had a leak that couldn't be fixed. Unit was an older one and they couldn't get a replacement (no longer made that one b/c of the new EPA shit) so I had a new one put in...And yes...warranty FTW. only cost me labor....right at 400 bucks.

So what subs/amp are you getting rid of? I have plenty of subs just sitting around, but I like to have a variety of useless things. Haha..

12. 1slowlance

They're 2 12" Kenwoods. Idk any of the specs on them. Kenwood amp as well. All I know is that the amp wasn't getting power anymore. Subs could be blown for all I know. Lol.

13. lancer2quick

Mmmmmm....like it....

[​IMG]

14. 1slowlance

Left>right.

15. lancer2quick

Agreed....

16. Jogenmaru

So I get the left one for my birthday right?

Right?!

17. 1slowlance

Going to look at a Miata Saturday. Considering getting it.

18. lancer2quick

So...took the new lancer for the longest drive since I've changed the plugs, air filter, and oil. Drove 45 miles one way to the in-law's place for dinner...half interstate, half city. Averaged 62MPH and 39.8MPG. Not half bad...hell of a lot better than the RA...just not as much fun to drive. I guess tha's the tradeoff, huh?

19. Jogenmaru

My lancer got that on my trip to myrtle beach. It was like 42mpg but whatever. You can do it too in your 2.4 ralliart

20. Jogenmaru

S2K or bust