Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I like how this thread was started in 1969. Also, I bought at scion tc back in december to replace my lancer that I wrecked. Just an fyi.

Ciao

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

How the fuck did that happen...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Marty McFly did it with the DeLorean

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

What the hell... tC's are obvs better than the frs. :troll:

5. Jogenmaru

Lol gimme frs money. And a back seat for my kid. Trolololokol

6. 1slowlance

Backseat shmackseat. Get an s2k.

7. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Buddy got an S2K. Lovely little car.

8. 1slowlance

Or a much cheaper version, Miata. I've been looking at a few Miatas actually. My 240 search isn't going too well.

9. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I'm gonna have to go with the S2K. I know the Miata is a great car, but I can't help but immediately think 'chick car.' Kinda looks feminine, too.

10. lancer2quick

Prepare for rant....

OK. Super long story short.
    My mother financed a 2011 Lancer for my sister about a year ago...in my mother's name etc. Last Friday, my idiot sister was arrested...and is going to be there quite a while. My mother takes me to go get the car and bam...no key to be found anywhere. Not in her personal items when arrested, not in the car, not in her house. Lost, missing, stolen, just fucking David Copperfield gone. Called the closest dealership (58 miles from me) to order a new key for the car. Got up there, and they initially wouldn't cut it because the car wasn't there. Took them 45 minutes to understand that if I could move the car, I wouldn't need a damn key. I give them the VIN three times, pay 130 bucks for the key, and drive the hour home to go about my day. Get to the car, hoping to at least unlock it and move it....nope. THE GODDAM KEY WON'T TURN THE IGNITION, DOOR LOCK, OR THE TRUNK LOCK.

Call the dealership to tell them they fucked up somewhere. Their response? "Well, if you would have driven the car, we could have checked before you left." ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? Needless to say that I have a 2011 lancer that is completely immobile. I ripped the parts guy a new one, and then was transferred to the manager....and he was ripped too.

FUCK THIS SHIT

11. Jogenmaru

Stupid immobilezers. Stupid dealerships. Stupid everywhere.

12. lancer2quick

Well, the car is at the house finally. Only cost me 235 bucks for a tow to another dealership, 120 for a new key, 90 for programmint said key, and 20 bucks in fuel to make it home. Thing is...it still needs tires, a new battery, and possibly a trans fluid change. Go figure that my sister is one of those that considered washing a car "taking care of it". Today, I changed the black crude stuff with some nice Mobil 1, vacuumed about 38 pounds of shit out of it (and yes, I took the seats out to do so), washed it, hit a few scuffs and light scratches with the buffer, and rotated the nearly bald Yokohamas....

[​IMG]

13. 1slowlance

At least we know it's in good hands now. On a side note, my girlfriend has left me. She's moving out and is picking up all of her stuff tomorrow out of my house. She said she wanted some space and time to herself, and I found out yesterday that she is with a new guy already. She says he's her soulmate. We broke up after 7 1/2 years last Tuesday. Her best friend that is still living with me is just as confused as I am by the whole thing. It's like she's a different person. But yeah, I'm hoping this is just something she's going through, and will realize it's all a mistake soon. It's hurt a lot so far. 7 1/2 years is a long time, and to just drop it all of a sudden like she did just doesn't seem like her. She said it was because I never wanted to do anything, then says it has nothing to do with me and that she's just changed and wants something different. Idk. I never really got a straight answer. My parents have been telling me I shouldn't let her back just like that because then the next time she wants to up and leave, she'll think that I'll always be there for her to fall back on. :/ So, yeah, I'll keep y'all posted if anything new happens or anything.

TL;DR-girlfriend left me after 7 1/2 years, hoping she comes back (still)

14. Jogenmaru

People don't just up and leave for no reason. She most likely cheated on you at one point in time during your relationship. More recent. I would agree with your parents on this situation. They are smart and know what's best. I have always gone against the grain with my rents and found out over time they were always right. Nothing like experience. I'm not trying to be a jerk but when stuff like that happens always assume worst possible scenarios that led up to it. She will eant to come back and it is ultimately up to you if you want her back but I am telling you to say no for your own protection. Atleast the house is yours and she didn't sign for it. I'm sorry to hear this happened to yet another one of my friends.

15. lancer2quick

Sorry kiddo...I know what its like. Being with someone that long and then a sudden decision like that is definitely hard to deal with. I will say something though..from my own personal experience. Just as Marcus said, Think very hard if and when she asks to come back. If you remember about a year ago, I was on the brink of divorce...I had made my decision, and was moving along fine after a bit...but then she wanted to "be the person that she was supposed to be, and act like the wife she should have been". I mulled it over for a while and let her come back. It was ok for a while..but then things around the house and between us returned to how they had been. In hindsight, I should have stood my ground.

Best of luck, and remember that you can give me a shout anytime you want...even if its just to BS around. You know that we all support ya and will help you out best we can.

16. 1slowlance

I've been listening to them quite a bit and everyone is telling me that it's not my fault totally. She told me today that it was also because I never initiated anything like I love yous or hugs or anything. I will admit that I didn't appreciate her as much as I should have, but I've never really been a person to show my emotions that much. It's always been up to her what we would do. I didn't care, as long as she was happy, I'd do anything she wanted. She told me that the reason she's a different person is because I hurt her so much it just changed her. All the not caring and such, I guess. My friend told me she probably cheated on me and was just looking for some other reason to end it before I found out. I took her word for it on Friday when she told me that she met this guy after we broke up and everything, but right now I don't trust her anymore. I had no reason not to before. The girl she's living with and has been hanging out with a lot lately is 45 and divorced and has known her for a year. And, Jen thinks that she is the best place to get advice from. I was told that when we were together and she would go to her house, they'd smoke weed and talk and shit, and she didn't tell me about the weed because she 'knew how I felt about it'. Which, I guess she didn't, because I don't care if someone decides to do that, it's just not something I want to do. Some of my best friends were avid smokers, but yeah. It's like she has had no remorse or bad feelings about it. I'm pretty sure this girl she's living with influenced her a lot, especially being high and talking about what she could do and how she could be happier, I guess. She's shown no emotion about it at all, from day one. The day she told me, I broke down crying and begging her not to do this, and she just stood there like she was ending a relationship that went on for 2 weeks or something. Whatever, I'm kind of past the sad stage, and more into the mad stage and just want all her stuff gone. Thanks, Marcus. I'm sure I'll get through it, it'll be tough, there are so many memories with her, so many things remind me of her, but I will. Everything will work out people have been telling me.

#hellalongpost

17. 1slowlance

Thank you guys. I do remember, and that sucks that you had to go through that. I don't see her wanting to come back, but you never know. She's found her soulmate, remember? I was able to joke about it for the first time last night. My sister and her boyfriend couldn't decide on what to eat, and I told him you better make a decision or your girlfriend will leave you. Lol. Idk, I know everything will be ok in the end, but it's tough right now. I might take you up on that offer, Jamie. head out there for a little road trip or something. Get that SCMM going. Lol.

18. Jogenmaru

I'd would be willing to drive to georgia or something to hang out for a weekend before my child is born in october.

19. 1slowlance

My birthday is in October...

20. lancer2quick

Well, I'm up for a little "Mini-meet" of sorts. I'm always working, but I'm sure we could plan a weekend in ATL or something if Marcus makes a trip....I'd be down.

On your situation...at least you're progressing through it. Believe it or not, being pissed is a lot better than being upset. Next, you'll find yourself joking more and more about it...then just acceptance and moving on. I know moving on sounds kind of shitty right now, but it will happen...especially if we spend a weekend in ATL and get you hooked up with some fresh, tight bodied, college freshman.....ha