Lancer Evolution GSR or MR?

Discussion in 'Evolution X - General Information' started by TheEvoMan, Nov 12, 2008.

1. TheEvoMan

TheEvoMan New Member

I'm looking to buy a Evo.

I looked at both the MR and GSR and the MR looks noticeably better inside. is the fully 5 speed manual really worth to buy over luxury etc??

2. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

In the Evos case yes go with the GSR, if you plan on going for more hp

3. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

why is that? whats wrong with the MR?

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

+1...basically the MR, has every option available to X. Yes, you can still make the MR faster and more hp/tq. With the GSR, its just a little less money.

5. TheEvoMan

TheEvoMan New Member

They both have the same HP, just one is fully manual, I'm sure if you mess w/ the EPU and other trinks you could easily make the MR go to let's say 4.7 0-60.
    not bad?

I'm just wondering what the insurance will be...

6. bras_33

just as much as a monthly car payment. especially if they are under 25. 18?? forget about it.

7. TheEvoMan

TheEvoMan New Member

I'm 17, lol
    how old do you think??

8. TheEvoMan

TheEvoMan New Member

i mean how much

9. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

The GSR can handle double the power

10. bras_33

you are on the internet, so you can try any auto insurance website.

11. cramm

cramm Well-Known Member

Are you a first time driver too?..

12. sirelancer

sirelancer Well-Known Member

to be honest it depends on which fits you, and what you can afford as well, with insurance, and monthly payments. As well right now for the new tranny in the mr since it being a new tranny so to speak, it really hasnt been tested on what kind hp it can take, just theories, best advice if the monthly and insurance really isnt an issue go to the dealership, request to test drive both an mr and gsr and see which fits you,

13. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

i like the MR a lot more. However, the tranny wont handle what the GSR can if you are to mod it. Plus youre talking about 10k more for the MR

14. mangnok

mangnok Well-Known Member

insurance for under 25 it's would be over $550 i been try to buy it too but it's too much just get lancer and pit money on it more fun if u buy and EVO not thing to do much ^^

15. brian95638

brian95638 Well-Known Member

buy the GSR and save 10g's.
    then use that 10g's and mod the f*ck out of it.

16. mangnok

mangnok Well-Known Member

GSR more fun

17. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Dont listen to people about the tranny diff between the GSR and MR.. ive personally driven both, and HOLY SHAT... MR all the way...

BUT you are 17 and asking for this??? ROFL.... when you ask for quotes, ask if they include lube for the raping and lotion for the burning :)

if this is your case, and you want an evo.. try an 8.. thats not gonna be that bad, and 4g63 FTW!

18. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

The EVO X only has one version of the 4b11T engine, there isn't anything that makes the GSR able to be more powerful, or that the MR can be modded less.

19. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

yes the same block, but anyone know how much the tranny can take? stick as we all know is the most fun, and for $10k less man you can do a lot with that money. BTW did you end up buying one? I havent seen any posts stating he did.

20. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Well My opinion is this if your getting a car that has alot of hp itll be a waste if its not manual....To me your some what of a pussy to buy a auto over a manual....just my opinion....Auto=Waste of Power!