jeh438's nitrous install

Discussion in 'Nitrous' started by mxmccarter2401, Dec 16, 2008.

1. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Uh...decals are the best, yo.

And its his car, let him do what he wants with it.

2. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Fine Nitrious whatever you want to call it. The fact that I do this with my car customizing business is besides the point I guess. Or and if the performance comment was for me I guess your wrong bc I have all performance mods available. 3ed if people are worried about a tuned turbo with like 5lbs of boost hurting the car how could NOS or Nitrious not hurt the car. Only called it NOS bc that is the brand alot of people go with. Oh yea BTW I should have mentioned that I have install a Nitrous Express kit and know what I am talking about

3. TheGrim

TheGrim Active Member

wow, I wonder how old most of the ppl on this forum are... anyway, a 50 shot with a wet kit and a WOT switch on a 2.0L motor should be alright for some time. i personally do not want a temporary boost cuz when the bottle runs out, well ur balls run with it. j/k, nitrous is a nice addition as long as you take care of the vehicle.

4. dolf

dolf Member

Wow clean your engine!!!!

5. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I think you need to reread what I wrote... My point was let him be... telling him that you are going to feel sorry for him when his motor takes a dump was not every encouraging... if you have knowledge to share with him about his set up then correct what you see wrong don't go bashing him and his set up and hope that it goes all wrong for him.

And FI and Nitrous are two totally different performance mods and IMO turbocharging is still new to these motors and alot needs to be learned. It takes people like this guy who actually go out and do it for us to all learn from it...

6. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Any updates?

7. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Not doggin on anyone, I just find it odd that there can be a 3 page thread on plastic brake pad covers but someone goes and ups the ante and people come out saying it cant be done or it will blow the engine. Until someone does it, who really knows. CAI's and pulleys are fine and dandy but nitrous is a true performance upgrade/power adder. Most on this site admits there lancer is slow. i agree. Mine is a turtle. If the nitrous setup works. Its on.

8. jeh438

jeh438 Member

you know you don't have to feel sorry for me because my engine is just fine. Been a little busy lately and not really able to clean or post pics. the pics will be up tomorrow and yes everything is just fine!!!! You really need to think about what you say before you say it, because it just makes you seem a little unprepared when I tell you that my really clean lancer has 50 more hp than yours and everything is fine on a non built nitrous car. I just can't beleive it's working on a stock car!!! oh wait yes I do cause I knew it was going to work. I didn't even want to post any pics because a lot of people have know idea what they were talking about and doubting mine and mxmccarter's judgement. But for everyone else I will post pics

9. jeh438

jeh438 Member

Thanks for everyone who have a little common sense and respect for trying to be different. I can do all the pulleys and piggyback's and everything else later. I'm glad I did this a lot more now that i have read some of the latest comments on this thread. Bieng ignorant on a subject and trying to argue it is pretty funny to me!!! Let me just say the new setup on my car is wonderful and I wish everyone would do it! I'm glad i was first!!

10. JiMjiM

JiMjiM Member

go for it bro
    don't let anyone tell u otherwise
    happy to see someone trying different things with the lancer and taking the risk
    don't care what others think
    you've got my support!!

11. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

I didnt mean it like you were dogging anyone lol, I know you were being supportive for the nitrous install, I just meant I wouldnt mind me a set of nice headlights maybe sort of like the Audi R8 style lol. Yeah our cars are slower than I like, but I do find it funny how many people think my car is fast becuase it looks nice and becuase it has a better model (Evo). And about the plastic brake covers I wouldnt put those on either, if I wanted color I would just paint mine lol.

12. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Well I think Im part of the everyone else lol, don't think its gonna hurt your car (as long as you dont abuse lol). I have a friend with nitrous on his stock car thats why I am interested in seeing some track times I want to compare even though we havent had a chance to take his car to the track yet (waiting till the beginning of next year). By the way are you using a button? Or are you using a switch with the spray under full throttle? Sorry for not knowing the exact terminology of the top of my head.

13. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ I guess you really know your movie, mr arizona!!!!

14. jeh438

jeh438 Member

We ended up trying a dry set up just for ease of installation and we didn't have the parts to tap into the fuel system. Its taking it like a champ. We have a WOT switch and a push buttom switch AND a toggle switch to arm the system. We filled up with 93 octain and added some octain booster for the first tests. He is ordering an electronic WOT switch, rpm activated switch now. He also ordered a fuel line "T" so we can try a wet shot too. The dry shot comes in soft but is definately adding power, and accelerating faster. Pics tonight.

And to the nitrous haters,mxmccarter has been running nitrous on his non-built ls1 for about a year.

15. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Hmm so your keeping your options open huh, lol. Rpm activated switch sounds good. How much does that run. Cant wait for the pics of the final set up. Yall have any plans of running the track anytime soon.

16. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. jeh438

jeh438 Member

OK guys here are my pics. I work on a farm too so yes my engine bay is a little dirty but don't hate I live in MS!! Everything is workin fine on the dry shot. I know that the wires are exposed and such but we are going to switch to a wet shot next week so I'm not going to bother. Very basic and simple setup.... holla at me for any questions!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jeh438

jeh438 Member

Oh yeah people please don't doubt people and discourage them about things. Read the thread and you'll know what I mean. Here is my proof for everyone that thinks it's going to blow up. It still runs like a dream.

19. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Have you used it yet or is it just installed?

20. jeh438

jeh438 Member

I guess every kid with a stock engine is going to get "NOS" nitrous now huh?