jeh438's nitrous install

Discussion in 'Nitrous' started by mxmccarter2401, Dec 16, 2008.

1. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

o i forgot...good luck on your ride man...drive safe !!!

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

here we go again :D

3. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?

Spirit. Thank you. Thank you for direct-port nitrous injection, four-core intercoolers, ball-bearing turbos, and titanium valve springs. Amen.

4. jeh438

jeh438 Member

haha i meant the bottle weighed 25 lbs when it's full. I sounded like a dumbass!!! new pics coming tonight

5. bras_33

could not resist:

"names Hector, got a last name too but I cant pronounce it"

[​IMG]

6. vik2rius

you really have to put it in there eh...LOL

7. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Its all good lol, happens to all of us every once in a while. So where are these new pics? Another hour and it will be tomorrow lol.

8. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Y'know...Edwin happens to know a few things. And one of things Edwin knows is, its not how you stand by your car, its how you race your car. You better learn that. Oh shit, here he comes, its on.

9. bras_33

-"you cant just come into the ring and think you can box"
    -"he knows I can box!!"

10. LuvMyLancer

"You can't just get in the ring with Ali cuz you think you can box"

"He knows I can box. Check it out, It's like this.
    I lose, the winner takes my car. Clean and clear.
    But if I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect."

"Pfft, Respect..."

"To some people, that's more important."

11. vik2rius

-so you two knew each other...
    -he used to date my sister...
    -your a lucky man...
    -hows that?
    -cuz ur still breathing....
    - :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

You know, I will not feel sorry for you when the engine takes a dump. Judging by the way you take care of your car I bet it will be soon. Cars with NOS are built cars, with internals that can take the stress. I dont care what anyone says, these cars cant handle NOS 50 shot 75 shot whatever shot. You actually think that the car is going to last. Let me tell you if stock engines can take NOS every kid that drove a semi- fast car would have NOS

13. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

I think he will be ok as long as he doesnt abuse it and he uses it correctly. My friend has had his 50 shot for a while now in his stock internal 46g4 and he is doing good, he doesnt really use it to often either but thats the way it should be, now if he were to turbo it and then try to use the nos on top of that then he has a prob. Our engines are capable of somewhere right over 200 horses and the 50 shot will still put him under that, so I think that as long as it is used properly he should be fine. Even though I still dont know if I trust our plastic intake manifold, lol.

14. TheGrim

TheGrim Active Member

the power the Nitrous generates is dependent upon combustion. if he uses the right spark plugs which should be 2 steps colder and gapped the right way, running a wet kit with sufficient fuel pressure and a pressurized (heated) nitrous bottle he should be fine up to 75 shot max on the stock engine. how many times the motor handles it is a different story. the cylinder walls get messed up due to the change in mixture from regular fuel and air to adding nitrous oxide. ring landings get broken and bearings get spun after constans abuse. if the compression is too high.... well thats self explanatory right there... we've all seen rods thru the bottom of an engine block. im not sure if the lancer has a fuel cut in the ECU, but using the wide open throttle switch and raising engine RPM's rapidly (under regular nitrous use)... if he hits fuel cut (if there is one on the lancer) its gonna be a bad day so i hope he did the research. zex is safe because it has a fuel pressure cutoff sensor when the stock fuel pressure drops below a certain psi, it shuts off the nitrous solenoid automatically...

i could go on for awhile on the nitrous subject, but lets just see if all goes well.. good luck on the project

15. vik2rius

he better have another set of engine on standby in case the worst thing comes...

16. LuvMyLancer

Do you see a problem here, Ted? We aint got no engines!! Where's my engines Ted?!

Ok I seriously need to get a life.... :lol:

17. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Never send a human to do a machines work..

18. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Calling it NOS alone all ready shows how much knowledge you have on the subject...

Let him be and let him do what he wants with his ride... IMO at least he is doing something performance wise. If something goes wrong at least we ALL can learn from it and for the next user who would like to do it will know what not to do. If he sprays for years and nothing goes wrong then at least we will all know what the motor is capable of...

19. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Agreed, Let the man do his nitrous and see what happens. I give him props for trying to make his car faster, even if its possibly dangerous to the engine. A 50 shot isn't that much. only used on wot is should be okay as long as his fuel is regulated properly. Im glad he is doing something besides headlights, sharkfin antennas and decals personally.

20. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Hey I wouldnt mind doing headlights lol. Not much for the decals or sharkfin antennas though. Maybe just a shorty antenna. I cant wait to see how the install turns out, I hope its all for the best and Im ready to see some track times.