How To: Remove Interior Decoration Panels

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Knowledge Base' started by DaytonaLancer, Jun 6, 2008.

1. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

To remove the large piece on the right side of the dash:

1) Begin by dropping the glove box by squeezing the walls and pulling down.
    [​IMG]

2) Remove the screw that holds in the panel on the left of the glove box.
    [​IMG]

3) Give the piece a good tug until the piece reveals the screw that holds on the decoration piece. Then remove the screw.
    [​IMG]

4) I found it the easiest to start from the left side by pulling up on the bottom like so. Start by pulling until the clips pop out.
    [​IMG]

5) Then continue to pull the piece, popping out the clips from right to left.
    [​IMG]

6) And thats it. The piece is now fully removed.
    [​IMG]

To remove the smaller decoration panel to the left of the steering wheel:

1) To get to the panel, youll have to remove the panel underneath the steering wheel. Begin by removing the 2 screws at the bottom of that panel.
    [​IMG]

2) Then to remove the panel youll need to release some tabs that are underneath the knee airbag. Here is the diagram that shows you the tab locations, outlined in red.
    [​IMG]

Visually, it is located here, as indicated by my finger.
    [​IMG]

To release the tabs, press up on the tab and pull towards you.
    [​IMG]

3) Then pull the panel out, going to the left side.
    [​IMG]

4) It is then possible to pull out the panel to release the clips at the top.
    [​IMG]

5) After removing the screw as shown above. Pull out the decoration piece from the bottom and remove it. Using a flat head screw driver can come in handy here.
    [​IMG]

To remove the decoration piece on the door panel:

1) First start by removing the 3 screws that secure the door panel to the door. First is behind the top door handle. Remove the cover and remove the screw.
    [​IMG]

2) The second screw it behind the bottom door handle Pull out the cover, then remove the screw.
    [​IMG]

3) The last screw is on the outside of the door. Remove the cover and remove the screw.
    [​IMG]

4) Begin removing the door panel from the right side, there are a series of nipple like clips that youll have to pop out in order to remove the door panel. Here are the locations of the clips shown in this diagram.
    [​IMG]

Here is what it will look like, peeking inside the door.
    [​IMG]

5) Continue remove the door panel by moving up around the top, and then down around the bottom. Also, watch out because the tweeter pod in the corner can pop out.
    [​IMG]

6) Once you have te door panel removed as much as needed, youll need to remove one screw that holds the decorative piece in position.
    [​IMG]

Then once that is done, start pushing in these tabs to begin removing the panel. The tabs look like this.
    [​IMG]

7) Then go to the outside of the door panel and remove the panel. The panel needs to be bent slightly to get the ends to slide out and now you have the panel.
    [​IMG]

Just repeat the process for the other door. Now youll be able to paint them and reinstall them to give your interior a fresh look.

2. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Saves me time trying to figure how to remove certain panels. :D

3. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

Oh yea, no problem. I figured there were people who wanted to know, because i was one of them lol. I also forgot to say that those 3 switch place holders, they are in a holder themselves and that holder is held in with 3 screws and a small plastic notch.

And as a request to the Mods, could you sticky this thread, I would hate to see it get lost pages behind other posts.

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Thanx bro.... very useful...

5. Adrian

Adrian New Member

Hi dude,.
    Really nice idea shared,.useful one for many others also,.
    regards,.Koozies Wedding

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011