HOW TO: Chrome Lip your Front Bumper (Ralli Art Style)

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Knowledge Base' started by Knotikz, May 10, 2008.

1. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I have a question. I did this and it looked great. Now 2nd day I can see the chrome is coming off the rubber thingy on the round edges at the bottom cornors. How do I avoid this happening? Did I get some shitty chrome lip or what? I paid $15 for it. But from what I saw its a chrome sticker on top of that rubber thingy.

2. Knotikz

Knotikz Well-Known Member

You may have not pushed it down hard enough while applying it. The sticker quality to the chrome might not be to great either.

3. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

No no i got the chrome tip. I went and took a close look and figured out what is going on. We have a thin white clear overlay on top of the chrome to protect it I guess and thats what is coming off around the round edges. I beleve if I take it all off it should be fine but I wont risk it fro now.

4. Knotikz

Knotikz Well-Known Member

Ahh ok. I see what you're talking about now.

5. 08Lancer89

08Lancer89 Well-Known Member

I am just going to sand the crap out of mine before i paint it tomarrow then paint it with a few coats of primer sanding inbetween then a few coats of flat black paint, After that I plan on letting it sit for a while so the paint sets up, then I will aplly the chrome trim around the outside edge.

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

agh stupid parts source by my house only had the 1/8" :?

its gunna be a mission trying to find bigger, of that brand, cuz i trust the 3M adhesive.

7. mischief

mischief Well-Known Member

do u know if they sell them in like a black mirror finish??????

8. DaJMan

DaJMan Member

Any chance we can get those pictures re uploaded? This is a great tutorial, but the pics are down.

9. TallGaudet

TallGaudet Active Member

Bump +1