Galant 8th gen buy advice

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by joe77, May 10, 2019.

1. joe77

joe77 New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm coming from a Golf Mk2. And I've been looking to buy a car that is more reliable than my golf (kinda easy) but at minimum somewhat fun but still not too expensive. I've found out that used Mitsubishis are pretty cheap here in sweden. I fell somewhat in love with how the 8th gen Galant lookshttps://discord.software/ fetLife itunes

I found two Galants with 140k and 150k kilometers on its odometer. (like 90k miles?) That ain't alot.

Both are suffering from rust around the rear wheel wells. I don't mind fixing some rust I did that on my golf. Other than that they look fine and have no known problems according to the shops selling them. Neither are however inspected and they're awfully cheap at $500. What risks am I taking in buying one of them? Non-inspected cars tend to be alot cheaper but obviously it's alot riskier since you may run into hidden issues. But what can I expect?

Most other Galants at sale costs between the equivalent of $250 and $1500. Inspected ones are more expensive obviously and the super low priced have more issues than I wanna deal with.

Thoughts?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. airboneone

airboneone New Member

The Mitsubishi Galant Reliability Rating is 4.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 2nd out of 24 for midsize cars. The average annual repair cost is $448 which means it has excellent ownership costs. shareit vidmate