F*cking PZEV

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BlueDevilLancer, Aug 4, 2010.

1. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

So some of us may or of us may not know about the FED vs PZEV versions of the lancer. Basically the PZEV has a catalytic converter embedded with the headers as well as the standard cat. The FED has just the single cat. Now as a PZEV owner, i hate how the header/cat kills the power. What do you guys suggest is a good exhaust or a good solution to the power loss? I was thinking of getting the RRM headers or doing a Tsudo cat-delete exhaust which takes out the primary cat. All suggestions are welcome.

2. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i would go with the headers. and if you wanted to you culd just put on a high flow car for the other one.

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would try a high flow cat first....I've been looking into getting rid of my stock cat and throwing on a new one, and they really aren't that expensive.

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about getting a straight pipe, and keeping the stock cat in case they ever check my car for inspection stickers. They usually don't check underneath the car.

5. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

I feel your pain man lots of PEZV Lancers including are very frustrated by it. I know that one of the problems people run into when is CEL which can be disabled but it wont come on if something actually is wrong with the car. I will probably get a high flow CAT or a straight pipe but im going to wait till my warranty is gone.

6. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Hooray for no warranty. Sad face for no monies. But at the same still sad face for no warranty. If something major happens then I have to pay full price for part and take a lot of time to figure out and replace it. But plus for the learning xp. YAY!