Diference Between GTS 08 & 09

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by roxygts, Oct 19, 2008.

1. roxygts

roxygts Member

Guys, I'm planing on buying an 09 GTS next week. The car looks great and I really like it but I have a question. Since the 08 and 09 GTS are virtually the same car (except for the engine of course) how can I tell the diference between the two. I mean, I don't see the 09's engine with any inscription that says 2.4L and I don't trust sellers at the dealers. Most of the time the buyer knows more about the car that them.

Is there something specific that I can differantiate the two?

2. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Well, if you test drive both models im sure that youll tell the differnece between em. And im pretty sure there is somewhere on the car other than the engine compartment where it says its 2.4l. Other than that man, you gotta go with what teh sticker says. I dont think that a dealer would have the Co-Jones to make you sign a contract for a car that ISNT what it says it is. If it were me, and they tried that shit, the shit would really hit the fan.

3. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

ya dude i wouldnt be worried about that...u just gotta trust with what the dealer tells u.. ya they can sometimes be @$$holes and liars but ur signing paperwork and i dont think they would take that chance...

4. roxygts

roxygts Member

Guess your right guys. It's just that I've had bad experience with those assholes before (not especifically them), I just though there was something that I could say "Ok, this is definitely the 09 GTS". 8)

5. Geaux

Geaux Well-Known Member

If the gauges are blue, its an '09 .... if the gauges are red, its an '08.

Easily figured out.

6. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Thats true lol.

7. TheDude

No shit they are blue??? oh that is soooo not cool :( Anyone figured a way to switch em yet? lol

8. Ancalagon

Ancalagon Active Member

Are all of the gauges blue for all of the cars?

9. Spyder

Spyder Member

09' has blue accents painted on gauges not blue lights i figured someone might have misunderstood

Damn i wish they did have all blue accent lights and gauges

10. roxygts

roxygts Member

Red 08 and blue 09. Ok guys I think I have a problem here. I live in Puerto Rico I went to see the car today and saw the gauges on the show room on and off. They were Red when on, the papers that said the price of the car said 09. And the sticker when you open the hood said 2.4L, but I'm 100% completaly sure the gauges were red.

I'm calling the offices of Mitsubishi Motors Caribbean today to ask them about this.

11. roxygts

roxygts Member

Can someone post a picture of the two?

12. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

This is an 08, best pictures i could get from goole.
    [​IMG]

As you can see on the 09 the inner circle of the gauge is blue and the lettering is different also. If you have ever seen a 08 DE and ES they both have this 09 gts gauge
    [​IMG]

13. brian95638

brian95638 Well-Known Member

how come on the last pic (non navi version) it has video input (the yellow thing) and it doesnt have a screen? mine only has the audio inputs

14. TheDude

I dont know why it has it like that, but mine doesnt have it last time i checked. I only have the Audio inputs. Id LOVE to find someone who changed the interface colors. I hate that orange crap.

15. roxygts

roxygts Member

Ok, so I call the offices of Mitsubishi Motors of Caribbean they told me that if the VIN of the car has a specific 9 the car is an 09. So I went to the dealer and check the VIN of the car that were gonna buy and it has that specific 9. But still, what is bothering me is that stuff about the red gauges for the 08 and the blue ones for the 09. The car gauges ARE in fact red.
    Here is a photo from the Motor Trend website and it says 09 GTS, and the gauges are red, WTF?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sed ... to_02.html

Is there a way to tell if the engine IS in fact the 2.4L?

16. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

one way you might be able to tell is that in the 08 the engine cover has silver "MIVEC" and mitsu symbol... the 09 is all black engine cover

17. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

only the gts. the ES and DE still have red. i have an es im disapointed =/

18. TheDude

I have a GTS and its red, for sure. Might be talking about the 09, but hte 08s are red.

19. TheGrub

TheGrub Active Member

I have a 09 GTS and here in Canada it looks like the gauges don't have any blue in them....

[​IMG]

20. roxygts

roxygts Member

Ok the bad news (sort of :lol: ) is the wife bought the car today. The gauges are red but the good news is that the engine cover is all black. I remove the cover to see if there was some sort of writing, code or something and found this:

PCV/V TORQUE
    1.96~2.94 N.m

Does anyone know what the hell this means?