cut cat?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by ThePinoy, Feb 15, 2008.

1. ThePinoy

ThePinoy Well-Known Member

anyone ever heard of someone cutting there cut off?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

someone removed the resonator, I forgot who.

3. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

if you do, dont plan on passing smog.....lol

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ in cali, smog wont be for another few years, 6, i think

5. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

no smog test in sc, we need a cat delete pipe

6. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

I did

7. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

ya, u gotta sign a paper saying if u get caught the shop u had it done at wont be liable. my friend did it on his mustang and it sounds tight.

8. Redline1

we could just say we did it our selves lol. but do we have to wait for someone to make one or could we get it custom done, i know we got a sensor plugged in there

9. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

/\ most shops wont write out a receipt so that you are on your own of you get caught.

10. Redline1

yea the guy who did my exhaust was telling me how he did a cat delete on his truck so i think he would do it. how would the police check you to seee if you have a cat

11. XxLaNcErGTSxX

The resonator is just a sound muffler. Its not a cat. If you have the PVEZ you have to keep both cats for your warranty. The resonator is near the rear axel and it just reduces the sound. There is no 02 sensor that goes into it at all.

12. XxLaNcErGTSxX

They can just look underneath the car and see if you have 1.

13. Redline1

ill make sure when i pull over im in the mud lol, just picking i love the police, they are my hommies lost of friends on the force here

14. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

thats how i had it on my truck. hooker full length headers down to 2.5, duall back to 1 muffler per pipe and turn down 1.5 feet before the axel. texas dosent care about cats, well at least where i'm at.

what do yall think about the RRM header, magnaflow high flow cat ( for the O2 sensor) with borla exhaust , i wanna keep the work "cat back". prolly 2.5 in all the way.

15. Redline1

so does any one know if we can do this or if any pipe will fit, just looking for any up.

16. XxLaNcErGTSxX

You can cut out the resanator and weld a pipe where it was. All the resanator is, it is a sound dampning piece of metal. I would not recommand cutting off a cat

17. Redline1

all the resinators are gone. just a straight pipe to the hks muffler

18. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

i vouch for the borla muffler, personally i just did a axel back on mine and after 2 weeks either i got used to it or it quieted down so im saving up money to order 2.5 borla stainless steel piping so i can get a cat back done

but yeah im not too sure bout a high flow cat, think ure just gun end up loosing too much backpressure