Car Ranking Website

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by JDMhammer, Dec 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

Would you use a website to simply go on and rank cars? Say as simple as a thumbs up or a thumbs down?

Feature List As Requested:
    ----------------------------
    - Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down
    - Comments On Ratings
    - Top 10 or Top 100 List and Worst 10 or Worst 100 List

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Sure....But I think that if instead of just a thumb up or down, allow comments. That way, anyone looking into a specific vehicle can get info on the good and bad side of it.

3. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

I agree with this :)

4. JDMhammer

Hmmmm sounds good to me... im going to have a test of something in the next week or two. Im going to use Lancer Tuners as my testers so keep an eye out for invitations. Ill also make a feature list up on the first post. So let me know what you'd like to see.

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I think that would be pretty cool. I could see myself going on it.

6. JDMhammer

so I bought the domain.... rankcars.org

Im working on maping out the code and trying to find an up to date database I dont need to pay for

7. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Is this similar to car domain? Like different users put their rides up for critique or is it more like an general make, model, year, reviews of the car, etc.

If it's like CarDomain...it'll be tough to compete, but I think it's worth the time. If it's more general and like I mentioned above, then yes...good idea.

Thumbs Up (keep track of #'s)
    Thumbs Down (keep track of #'s)
    Comments (have to moderate to keep the irrelevant ones out)
    Pros and Cons
    Overall rating system (1 to 10 or 1 to 5)
    Ease of modding
    Availability of parts (list some suppliers)

For the parts section, I recommend that users simply submit their own experiences with who and what they went through to get the car modded, it'll be helpful to those who don't know.

8. JDMhammer

Hey man.... It would be more simple. CarDomain would be too big of a project for me right now.. your talking a couple years to build that level of a product.

I'm going to keep it nice and simple. I like the modding aspect of it though. That might be something I add down the road.

9. JDMhammer

Ok so new development. I been in contact with the API owner and given the green light to start the project. We will be tapping the LT community to "fill in the blanks" as there is some missing info.

10. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

We're on it!

11. JDMhammer