Bluetooth...

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by dsf3g, Mar 25, 2008.

1. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

Just got the bluetooth unit installed on my ES yesterday. All I've got to say is: this thing rocks! Love making calls just by touching a button and saying a name. If you've got a bluetooth compatible phone, this is a definite must, IMHO.

My phone, BTW, is the Samsung T429 from T-mobile. It's not listed on the Mitsubishi compatibility website, but I can confirm that making and receiving calls works without a hitch, and the phone pairs no problem. It doesn't appear to show the phone's battery level, but that's a minor quibble.

2. Volder

Volder Well-Known Member

doesn't it come standard in america? with the controls on the steering wheel?
    can't imagine not having bluetooth in a new car imo. and in belgium you can get fines for calling with celphone while driving so... hand's free ftw

3. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

snifff.... I want one.. if anybody is selling one... Please PM me...

4. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

it only comes standard in the '09... or maybe it only comes standard in the '09 sun/sound package, i forgot

5. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

theres a site u can buy one i think its around 200-300$ for it and it attaches right onto ur steering wheel and its oem mitsu part.. if i can find it ill post it

6. nanonyc

I have the controls on the steering wheel .... but dont have the box ... for the bluetooth...

7. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

/\ me too. how much does the box cost??????

8. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Harrison, probably over $150-$200. Glad your liking the blue-tooth, I know I am :)

9. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

I think it comes standard on the GTS, but not the ES. The ES is set up for it, but you have to buy the electronics separately. You cannot add it to the DS at all, though you can go with aftermarket systems.

At any rate, I'm hooked. I was talking long-distnace to my mother in South Carolina the other day and she had no idea I was even in a car. She thought I was calling from home. That's nice voice quality.

10. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Mine came with the GTS... I don't like it though. I find for the most part it doesn't understand what I'm saying, doesn't matter how clearly or loudly I speak.

But it would be a nice feature for someone who does talk on the phone a lot. Sometimes if I have it on it always scares me when my music shuts off and this voice is like INCOMING CALL haha.

Guess it's one of those love it or hate it things.

11. nanonyc

ooohhhh I forgot about the music interruption.... LOL.... I changed my stock speakers for 02's .... and I amped them... that is going to be a problem... amped phone calls.... LOL... that is going to be scary cituation... LOL...where can I buy cor 150 to 200???

12. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

/\ yea it says $250 on the mitsu website so idk where he found that, but if he wanted to tell us that would be cool lol

13. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

Lots of guys (dealerships, actually) on eBay are selling them for $200.00.