April 2008 Featured Ride: SeRious08

Discussion in 'Ride Of The Month (ROTM)' started by SeRious08, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

This month’s featured ride has been one fraught with numerous delays. First the site was relatively new and there was such low interest, then no one had good pics and so on. So, to get things rolling I have selected this months and Lancer Tuners very first Featured Ride. This month it goes to no other than SeRious08!! If you haven’t heard the name already, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that he is a Mod and owner of Just For Looks Car Stereo/Video/Alarms. Brian (SeRious08) generously took the time to give us an interview in which he reveals his true passions.

LT Staff: First, how long have you been in the game?
    Brian: I started back in 1997. I got station in California where the scene got started. I was amazed at what they were doing with 4 cylinders and wanted to do it too.

LT Staff: What was the first car that you started modding in 1997?
    Brian: [Laughing] A 1997 Hyundai Accent

LT Staff: What kind of mods would you put on that and why???
    Brian: Well, I liked being different. I didn’t want to follow the Honda crowd. I had Korean tuned 1997 Tiburon motor with ported polished head transplanted into the Accent. OBX header, custom exhaust, MHP cold-air intake, short shifter, polished intake manifold, polished throttle body, lowering springs, KYB struts, stage 3 clutch, and a nitrous wet kit. The thing was somewhat a sleeper. I would get lots a laughs until they saw it run or I beat them.

LT Staff: What happened to it?
    Brian: I eventually sold it in 2003. I wanted something else to “experiment†with.

LT Staff: What did you end up getting?
    Brian: A Ford ZX2 S/R

LT Staff: I’m assuming you modded it?
    Brian: Of course. I also showed it. Won several major shows and was hella fast. Lol. I was able to put down 185 whp naturally aspirated and 260 on the bottle.

LT Staff: Now onto the Lancer, what made you buy it?
    Brian: Well I sold the S/R and was looking for another new “experiment†with 4 doors. I probably test drove about a dozen other cars before deciding on the 2008 Lancer.

LT Staff: What other cars were you considering?
    Brian: Mainly the MazdaSpeed 3 and the Chevy Cobalt SS (if I was sticking with a 2 door)

LT Staff: What made you pick the Lancer?
    Brian: I liked the overall platform of the car. The other cars were already somewhat built. I wanted a car that I could do all the work on to make it fast.

LT Staff: What are you plans with the car?
    Brian: Well, since there aren’t very many parts out yet it’s kind of hard to “plan†anything. Right now I have visions of what I want it to be. I know that it won’t be naturally aspirated though. It will be a daily driver, show car, fun at the track car.

LT Staff: How do you think the import tuner scene has evolved since you got hooked?
    Brian: It has come a long way!! I can remember when stock Honda GSR’s were considered “fast†The scene keeps getting bigger and better. I mean, there will always be those groups of “ricersâ€Â, but we all go through that stage until we realize its dumb.

LT Staff: How could the scene be better?
    Brian: There are a lot of individuals that still think that they need to prove themselves on the streets. This only hurts the scene. Look at all the laws that are currently out there that are against the import tuning market. All this came about from individual idiots that raced on the streets and ended up dead or killed someone. I feel the scene could get better if everyone dropped that mentality of “street racingâ€Â. Keep it on the track guys and girls!!

LT Staff: Awesome, I know everyone on the LT Staff feels the same way. That’s it for the questions. Is there anyone you want to give some shout outs and what not to?
    Brian: Well, first to the LT Staff, my friends, my family, every tuner in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, Just For Looks (lol), and last but not least Rob and Brian with Road Race Motorsports!!

LT Staff: Alright man good stuff, thanks a lot
    Brian: No problem at all.

BASIC FACTS:

Name: Brian Higgins a.k.a. SeRious08

Vehicle: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Suspension: RRM G.R.I.P Springs
    RRM front upper strut bar

Brakes: Stock but calipers are painted red lol

Motor: RRM Piggy-Back ECU (1st tester)
    RRM Header
    RRM crank pulley
    Mazda3 intake until RRM V2 is released
    Custom axel back exhaust

Transmission: 5 speed FTW!!

Wheels and Tires: Stock 18†Wheels with Dunlop tires

Exterior: Stock GTS body kit

Interior: Stock suede interior
    Stereo/Video system is current being worked on
    Custom “Top Secret†stuff (lol)
    RTM shift knob
    Painted trim pieces to match exterior Electric Blue color

More PICS to be added tonight or early tomorrow. This is all I had on the computer for now!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

Congrats :wink:

3. OhMeOhMy

OhMeOhMy Active Member

congrats, have u guys seen the people over here's featured ride? maybe if you guys have the time it should look good. if u click on the front page of the article it will take you to the whole article.

4b11lancers.com

4. SeRious08

I'm only a simple man. I can only use the resources that are given to me. Now if anyone wants to step up that knows computer code and wants to design a layout simar to that, I have no issues with taking it to the rest of the LT.com staff for approval.

Any volunteers????

5. WGKilljoY

WGKilljoY Well-Known Member

wow, nice accents!
    congrats yo

6. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Nice man, congrats. Who next?

7. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

i made my decision on getting that rtm shift knob serious.i like your interior too.

8. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

grtz, i think u should of left the valve looking things on the engine cover black... it makes it look more bad ass =)

9. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

Congrats...have you ever met that guy Serious08? He seems like a REALLY cool guy...lol

10. SeRious08

Thanks guys. I'm still working on those other pics. If you havn't heard Ft Worth has been pounded with hail and tornados the last 2 days....

11. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I need a picture of your whole car for the front page. Congrats by the way!

12. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

congrats buddy

where do i fill up and app? :D

14. SeRious08

I'll have it to you today/tonight.

15. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

Hey good looking Serious! I so want to paint those Blue too! Now i know it looks sick! Hey, how did you paint that section directly to the left of the steering wheel? I know how to remove the door panels and the other section on the dash, but how do you remove that section of the left?

16. SeRious08

Thanks!!

Its held in by a screw. You have to remove the panel directly below the steering wheel first.

17. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Wow...so first an LT mod gives himself feature ride of the month. Then he says that if someone wants to step up and jack an idea from another forum to make his ride of the month better, to go for it....

Lancer Tuners...gotta hand it to you. You have once again outdone yourself. I know I can always come here for a good laugh.

Post deleted in 3.....2......ding!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

so let me get this straight, um serious is in charge of the ride of the month and he chose himself? wow had to be a hard choice!!!

19. SeRious08

No, if you knew what the hell you were talking about, you would know the reasoning behind this. This was discussed with Prophet several months ago.

This wasn't done to make my car better. I wasn't asking for help with a design layout to make my car look better either.

I don't have to explain the reasoning to your pathetic attempts to cause hate and discontent here, but I will. :roll:

1. For months, since LT.com got started, the Featured Ride section has been here.
    2. No one stepped up to make an effort of running it.
    3. I did.
    4. I asked members to submit answers to a very short questionaire and send me at least 3 pics of thier car.
    5. No one to this day has sent in pics.
    6. SOOOO, to get things rolling and stur interest in this section, which it has, I posted my own car. Because I obviously had pics of my car.

Thats it. So until other members send in the pics that were asked, Featured Rides will continue to be those that I can count on to send requested pics.

Now, if you and your boytoy MXlou want to continue your attempts to try and bash or disrespect something that for the good of the site, I'm sure further actions can be taken.

Thank you and have a great day....

20. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I thought you where not coming back Sub?

Serious I still need that picture... and thanks for stepping up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.