97 Accord Axle install FAIL of the Century

Discussion in 'Other - General Information' started by bakwoods, Oct 24, 2011.

1. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

I must be retarded or something but I cannot for the life of me get the new driver side axle installed. Everywhere I go it says the same thing, use a bit of "force" to get it into the transmission. Note this is an automatic transaxle, the passenger side went in fine. However THIS piece of crap is really starting to irk me, and nowhere on google does it have any information about the issue I'm having. I must be retarded! Take a look for yourself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The metal bar inside the tranny is stopping the axle from going all the way in. I'm not sure what it is, how it works, or why it's in that position, but all I know is that im getting really annoyed and if I don't get it fixed myself I WILL end up having the shop across the street take the car and simply do the job for me!

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Dunno what it is since I dont do transmission/axle work. put the vehicle in nuetral and try to install it then. It may be a dumb suggestion but im just throwing things out there.

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

^ This is what I was going to suggest. Maybe that bar that's across the port is something that engages in park/drive or other gears. Maybe being in neutral will free it up or something? :/

4. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Busted spider gear. FML. Time for a new tranny. I can smell an H22 swap in the mix.

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks.

6. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Fixed, new transmission. F22 swapped in because it was cheap and easy. Looking forward to doing the body kit.