y2ray7697's 2008 Lancer GTS **UPDATED**

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by y2ray7697, Dec 8, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda Well-Known Member

that is bad ass. i really like the black paint ont eh spoiler and hood. excellent work!!

2. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

A video is gonna come...patience young grasshoppa lol....

Thanks for the props on the paint! I take great pride in all the work I do on my car, and I love when people around here who know me beg me to help them paint their cars too haha. I just painted a black stripe on my girls Tiburon, I'll get pics of that up sometime too!

3. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda Well-Known Member

looks relly nice man. i wanna black out my grill. but i dont have the balls yet. only has 500+ miles on it. still a bit new to be fucking with the paint lol

4. y2ray7697

Well, that's the beauty of Plasti-Dip, it comes off if you mess up or don't like it. There's plenty of threads on here how to do it and take the grille out properly. It's also REALLY simple to touch up too, just spray and it blends simply and clean.

5. y2ray7697

So, today I got an amazing phone call. For a few months now I've had "Four-J's Electronics" on the spoiler of my car. A few years back when I worked in the same shopping complex as his store, I would give the owner and his family discounted and free food all the time. In return, now he always gives me awesome deals on lighting equipment and I bring him more business too. Yesterday one his sponsored guys came into my store and got food, and we got to talking, I showed him the pics from the car show, and he went back to Four-J's and informed them that their name was on my car, in a show, and I won an award. This prompted Joe, the owner, to call me this morning and offer me a sponsorship! He already has an audio car, I'm gonna be his Lighting car! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!??

6. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Love the intake! Not feeling the GTS emblem on the front grill. Good looking car.

7. y2ray7697

AWWWW man! Everyone around here asks me where I got it, they love it...Oh well, to each their own.

8. gb21

gb21 Member

Cars lookin good! keep up the good work.
    what do you think of the takeda short ram?
    I'm investing in one and i don't know if i want the takeda, injen, or k &n, or even hps.
    let me know your thoughts.

9. y2ray7697

I LOVE the Takeda...mainly because it's completely buttoned up under the hood with the huge heat shield they provide you. That was the selling point for me. Granted, the K&N has one too, but this one just looks really awesome to me, and I looooove being different! Besides, ya can't go wrong buying it from AutoCityImports (PLUG, PLUG)...I ordered it Monday, had it on Thursday!

It's really loud, and the gains are definitely noticeable. The lower RPMs that used to drag, don't anymore. This Intake is definitely worth it, you can even tell that it's only sucking in cooler air because after driving hard for over an hour I was able to put my hand right on the tube...if I had touched my engine I woulda been burned. I'll have a video up within a week or so.

10. Evostation4

Evostation4 Well-Known Member

Hows the cat-back working for ya? In your opinion, do you think its better(and louder) than the greddy TiC? I liked mine but always thought it could be better and louder.

11. y2ray7697

Well, video can only do so much as far as sound. As far as ANY axle-back goes, it sounds A LOT louder, and when i drove it away there was a NOTICEABLE difference in tone. I only have straight pipe all the way back to the can, no resonator at all. The resonator is what keep the new Lancer so quiet, so removing that makes it all worth it. The best part is, he used all the original hangers and welded the factory bolty on points onto the new piping, so if I would ever choose to, I can take the axle-back portion off and put the stock muffler back on.

12. y2ray7697

Takeda Intake Video

[​IMG]

Here ya go guys, this is just a quick video I made for you to hear the intake as I got onto the highway near my house. I would've gone longer, but there was a lane closed off for construction as soon as I got on the damn road...bastards haha. I love the way this sounds, and I'll be sure to get an exterior shot soon for you! (CLICK THE PIC OF THE INTAKE TO GO TO THE VIDEO)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  13. y2ray7697

Hey guys, had the day off today and got bored, so I wanted to do a small project that I've wanted to for a while now...painting my foglight display. Here's pics of the progress on it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I decided against taping everything off and spraying it because the tape wouldn't stick right with all the grooves. So I just got some cardboard, sprayed the paint on there and used a brush to PAINT the color on. I think it looks great, and in the light it has an awesome brushed aluminum look to it!

I'm definitely glad I did this simple mod...I try to do one small thing before every show that I go to. Let me know what you all think!

14. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Looks great good job i used some heavy duty tape when i did mine in pieces to get the look i wanted i didnt even remove them from the car lol.

15. y2ray7697

Yeah I wanted to be different...as usual...instead of just doing the "ring" I did the whole piece that sticks out. I like it!

16. ForTheGlory37

ForTheGlory37 Well-Known Member

Looks good man

17. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good. I like the fog light surrounds.

18. y2ray7697

Photoshoot 9/20/2010

Hey all, just wanted to update with some pics that I took today. I took a bunch of just the front end, for my Ride of the Month pic, and these are the ones that I didn't submit, but wanted to show anyways.

I hope ya'll like (that was for you HUNK haha)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Lol. I like your first picture the most I think. A nice picture of the scenery too. Looks good. I'd use that for ROTM.

20. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Lookin good man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.