WORKS Lancer Flash Good to go

Discussion in 'Tune Discussion' started by gator4life108, May 13, 2008.

1. gator4life108

gator4life108 Well-Known Member

2. DirectorSe7en

DirectorSe7en Well-Known Member

Yea, I was looking at this, but they haven't offered up any numbers. No way I'm paying that money without seeing what the hell it does for me.

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Agree. I want to know what numbers I can get before "wanting" to get it.

4. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

yea i might have to get this one. the 2002- 2006 was 12+hp Gain thats not to bad. im hopein that will be similar to the 08s n they said Cvts r a go with this flash

5. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

ok so noob question here might as well ask in reality what does the flash really do ? :?:

6. gator4life108

The thing Im interested in on this....is with the purchase you get a free in-house tune.....I have to see if they do this at their denver shop

7. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

2 different motors. It will produce 2 different results. On a completely stock car, you will be lucky, extremely lucky to pull 10 whp.

Then, with every mod, you will need a retune on the chip. Wait until you get the mods you want, then go for the tune.

8. david1224

david1224 Well-Known Member

hey do u guys think RRM piggy better or Works flash ?

9. gator4life108

works flash in my opinion

10. SeRious08

Depends. Each can be tuned for mods. RRMs can be removed if you needed to go to the dealership for warranty. I have seen it atleast a 100 times where people took flashed ecus to dealerships. When the dealership runs a scan it will show that the parameters (air/fuel, timing, ect) are off, they reflash the ecu with the stock tune. There went your $400.

But, a flash where all perameters can be changed is better. In a lot of setup with cams, or nitrous, or turbos, timing needs to be adjusted. This will accomplish this. So if you only plan on the very basic mods and don't want the worries of dealerships, get the RRM piggy. If you plan on going all-balls with mods, get the Works flash.

11. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

I was checking out evom to see for updates on WORKS flash, and got this updated information... Seems like we can see 13HP gains.

12. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

Now I really need to school you, but for some of the true RRM diehards I will bite my tongue and just say:

WHAT R U NEW!!!!

WORKS FTMFW!

13. SeRious08

I'm still laughing at this. Where does Works come up with thier numbers???!!! First the exhaust was like 5-7 hp and then the drop in filter was like 4-6hp, and now 13hp for a stock Lancer.... :lol:

Then please explain to me why Works dyno with them tuning it on the drop in filter only showed a 2.5hp gain??? Yet they claim 4-6???

Explain to me why they claim the exhaust gets 5-7 but they were able to pull 8.5???

Oh, and all of thier numbers were taken at the flywheel. :roll:

So, by "thier numbers" you would see a 22-24 whp gain from a drop in filter, a muffler, and a chip on a stock Lancer???? YEAH RIGHT.....

I can't wait for the first post to come out with someone expecting those kind of numbers and only putting down in the low teens. I'll just sit back and wait and when it happens, I'll be sure to chime in with one post and one post only saying, "Told you so".

14. ROCK

ROCK Well-Known Member

It is going to be all opinion at this point. Flash is good but permanent and a dead give away for Dealer Warranty issues. THey will see that right away and want to flash it away. At least a piggy will just take a few wires to remove. If fuel curves are modded the gains will be the same as piggy. IF they do timing then you prolly got to start running premium gas to account for timing advance. Only time will tell I guess. We will keep track of this. We used to do flashes but people ended up regreting it when they got to the dealer with an issue. Once the dealer sees the flash, end of warranty for anything drivetrain related.

ROAD/RACE

15. ROCK

ROCK Well-Known Member

I just saw this....... The truth rings out!!!!! Bravo.

ROAD/RACE

16. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Oh and dont forget the extra 5-6 WHP when you add the WORKS decals. lol your so right. cant wait to see the first consumer dyno.

17. Kuro

Kuro Member

Hey everyone. I'm new here and wanted to chime in on this discussion.

This might sound like a idiotic question but, what good is a 13HP ECU flash if the CVT isn't flashed? doesn't the CVT have to be flashed in order for it to except the new settings without the car going into limp mode?

18. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i thought the CVT was controlled by the ecu? i have 5 spd

19. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

works flash i think should produce around 10WHP.. which is very decent.. combine the works flash w/ injen CAI, SES your lookin at 30+ WHP gain.

the CAI and SES produce 22WHP combined together is what i was told.

but then again your gonna spend well over 1K.

20. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

the cai produces that much power with a stock ecu. so, with a reflash the cai could be used more to its potential.