woke up today

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by beard_irish, Sep 9, 2009.

1. beard_irish

beard_irish Well-Known Member

I woke up today and went to get in my car when i noticed a dent on my driver side rear door. its not too big, but still noticeable. I have a feeling some dumb kid got out of a minivan or something and hit the car not noticing what he was doing. F-in people. Now i dont park anywhere near cars.

2. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

i feel you, i got 2 dings, from school

3. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

Ye I hate parking near other people, considering most of them dont even care..thats one reason I hate parking at school or at malls..

4. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

hey same thing happened to me when my car was two weeks old

5. beard_irish

anryone know a cheap at home way to pull the dents out

6. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

plunger thats about all i know. lol

7. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I have a ding in my passenger rear door. People are just so careless...

But I'll still park near people. I know someone who thought it'd be better to park at the back of the parking lot near no one and when he came out from the movie or whatever his car was GONE.

8. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

[youtube:32fu8y8m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdVpvL_FpoQ[/youtube:32fu8y8m]

Lmao they had wayyyy too much fun throwing stuff into that car. And the tree?? WTF.

9. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

got one of those pops a dent , they pull the dent but then it sticks outwards and looks uglier, so then u have to hit it with this small tool in the kit, its almsot impossible. also on our cars the sheet metal sucks so much then when ur pulling one dent ur actualy making 2 more dents where those rubber pads press against the car. u gotta be carefull

10. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah my friend was sitting on the ground next to my car and he put his hand on the door panel to get it. The panel actually flexed in with him barely putting any weight on it. It seems so cheap sometimes.

11. DaMizZa

DaMizZa Active Member

Never tested it out, and would be a little weary of trying it out on my car, but I was told that using dry ice wrapped in a towel and rubbing it over the dent causes the metal to contract, which in turn causes the dent to pop out. No idea if that would damage your paint or not though. I would definitely try this out on a beater vehicle or something first... Figured I'd share if it helps.

12. yoshilancer

yoshilancer Well-Known Member

i feel you too... my whole driver side has alot of dings and straches... driver side door keyed and driver rear door dings and paint chips and front bumper got hit and driver rear bumper stached.... it sucks ....oh and pretty big dent on fender, driver side....

13. beard_irish

every time i see the dent i get so pissed off. just found a new one on the passenger side of the car

14. anthony062584

anthony062584 New Member

i used those as seen on tv stuff for those smalls dents on my car and it works fine..lol....

15. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

fyi lancer is a ding magnet lol

16. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Mine's a scratch magnet. Lol.