winter driving/ problems

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by azn_ghetto, Nov 14, 2007.

1. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

ok guys i know that winter is just around the corner or is already here but i decided to start a thread on winter driving, and if any1 has any questions related to winter questions and there cars i think it would b good to post here, unless there is already a thread like this 1

but ill start

during winter time wht would be a better choice on something like black ice, would it be better 2 start it off on 1st gear or on 2nd gear like how in saabs they have winter mode which starts the car on 2nd gear?, this is manual by the way

ps i hope this is in the right section

2. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

the best thing would be having winter studded tire and starting on second gear

but if youre able to modulate correctly you shouldnt even have a problem starting on first gear

what i suggest is to get good winter tires,a first aid kit, booster cables,windshield washer fluid, good wiper blades,a first aid blanket,flares,a shovel and a snow brush (thats the basic almost everyone in quebec carries in his car during the winter time and we get it hard over here lol)