window tint ticket question

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by dynasty3695, Jan 20, 2010.

1. dynasty3695

dynasty3695 Well-Known Member

well today i was going snowboarding with an old friend. he wanted to learn how to drive a standard so i thought what a good time to teach him.. well we were on 390 in new york and a state trooper passed us heading in the other direction. clocked my buddy at 80 in a 65. was a nice dude and gave him a window tint ticket. he even told us that he wasnt going to give us a speeding ticket as long as his liscinses was clean. well we got 2 tickets. one was for the front window at 33% and the other ticket for 15% in the rear. i know we both lucked out he didnt get the speeding ticket. but i was wondering if any one had a clue if were going to have to pay 2 tickets. 1 for the front set of windows, and then another for the rear windows? or if the 2 tickets we were handed applied as 1 ticket but for both the front and rear tint percentage? and any clue what the fine would be in ny?
    thatnks for any help

2. CRAZY-LEGS-20

CRAZY-LEGS-20 Well-Known Member

that sounds a lil wierd...it should of been in one single ticket not two.....

3. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

So now you have to get the tint changed right?

4. KoolKyle

KoolKyle Member

arent window tint tickets just fix it tickets?...Kind of like if you had a headlight out or something?...I could be wrong...never gotten a window tint ticket before...

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You don't HAVE to get it changed. You don't HAVE to do anything the police tell you, but be prepared to face the consequences. And, that is kind of weird that they gave you 2 separate tickets. Should have all been on one, like crazy legs said.

6. dynasty3695

yea i still dont get whats up with the ticket(s) but luckley it wasnt me driving so both tickets were writen out to my friend. i even tried to ask the trooper what was with the 2 tickets but he just walked away and ignored me. i dont have a clue if its even one of those "fix it tickets" because he did give us a big break.

7. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

its only a fix it ticket in certain county in ny, in mine (Broome) its not, but i think in Syracuse it is a fix it ticket.

8. dynasty3695

yea im up in rochester though. i dont have a clue on that 1. but thats for the help everyone.

9. CRAZY-LEGS-20

make sure the ticket doesnt say "Notice to appear in court".....get it fix...and go to court if it says that....im in trouble for a ticket for my plate...a fix up as well....so make sure

10. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

did the cop have a tester for your window? jw

and for everyones information

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN NEW YORK?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In New York, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
    Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
    Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
    Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
    Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

11. CRAZY-LEGS-20

go to tintlaws.com it should say how much....

12. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

that is from tint laws and doing research if he really wanted to be a dick each individual window in NY is a violation so be glad you got only 2 tickets and not 4

13. CRAZY-LEGS-20

wow...that sucks

14. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

im not sure about ny but im in Pa and i know ppl get pulled over for speeding and then the cop busts u for tints, but they leave u alone if thats it, its weird in pa cuz inspection does NOT cover window tinting any more. they will pass ur car if u have illegal tints, but.... cops can pull u over for it if they want. idk whos idea that was but its a weird one. i want to put 35% the whole way around my car now.