WHAt!?!

Discussion in 'Video Gallery' started by Jogenmaru, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

hhhmmm watch and comment below

[​IMG]

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

0.0 Ummmmmm...At first I thought your car was on the ground, I guess it's jacked up? And what exactly is going on? I see one wheel spinning like crazy, while the other barely spins. Are you on the gas or something?

3. Jogenmaru

Its at startup when the engine is at 2k rpms and has enough power to move the car. Im just curious as to why one side spins at those speeds and the other doesnt. I think the car said it was moving at 12mph. I was thinking the brake on the drivers side is biting down on it or something. but went to check it out and nothing abnormal. Could be power transfer but still. I revved it and it stopped almost instantly and didnt keep going like the other wheel. maybe it is brake bite.

4. 1slowlance

Did you change your brakes recently or anything? Maybe one of the pins holding the pad in place came loose or something and is letting the pad slide out or...I have no idea. Lol. First thing I would check is to make sure the brake lines and brake pressure is all good.

5. Jogenmaru

I changed the calipur but thats it. I will check the brakes again though.

6. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i dont think our cars have lsd (limmited slip differential) i believe thats how you spell it, but that mean our cars are practically one wheel drive

7. Jogenmaru

So that would seem to explain why when I burn out I slip to the right a bit first and then straighten out. Would also explain why my right front tire is more worn than the others.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

8. 1slowlance

Torque steer is awesome. And I didn't know we didn't have lsd. Crazy. That makes sense.

9. Jogenmaru

yea none of the lancers have lsd. I think only the evo has lsd for 03-06 and the ralliart/evo 08+ have lsd now. For us to get lsd would cost about $1000 for the parts.

10. 1slowlance

I'll deal without it. I don't drive my car too much anymore anyways.

11. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

Is this y I feel like I have more control turning right then left when I'm going faster?

Sent from my Droid

12. Jogenmaru

If anything it should be opposite. But Im not exactly sure how the 8g lancers engine and tranny sit. for me since my tranny is facing passinger side it get more traction when I turn to the left and not the right. My right turns feel kinda sloppy. So I will see if I can fix this without an lsd mode. Most likely not though.

13. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Lmfao hover car!

14. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

Hey found this on Mitsubishi's website. might help.
    Every thing from the 09-11 has not changed.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/lancer/11/trims.do