what you think about navy sistem

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by BLACK-GTS, Dec 28, 2007.

1. BLACK-GTS

BLACK-GTS Member

hey guys i would like to know what u think about navy sistem i got a gts and i would like to add it

2. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Ok. I'll bite. What is a navy sistem? If you mean the navi system, it's pretty nice. I have not encountered a problem with it.

3. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

4. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

i love it and i use it (when i have my car, lol) all the time. works great! sounds good! blue tooth is great! music server is great as well! and especially the sirius satalite radio (free 6 months)!

the only thing i would want more is Nav-Traffic and Multi-format DVD playback. other than that, its everything i wanted.

5. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

+1 could not have said it better about mine to. i like the maintenance calendar to, with mileage countdown to next service.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

its pretty good for being an o.e. piece.

However if u didnt get when u bought the car dont go and do it.
    Save some money and get a much better piece that offers tho very options that nemo mentioned.

7. AeJarrotto

like kru said, i would not go back and get it added on after i bought the car, but i am happy with its features since it was part of the package on my GTS, plus the fast key is awesome to.

8. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

Yea, i would just get the Navi install kit, and then go buy an aftermarket in dash screen with navigation. Its so much cheaper too. OEM navi is like $2000, but you can get a damn good double wide navi system for half of that!!

9. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

^^ have to agree with both of them, dont go backwards. alot of other companies out there offer a way better head unit, not saying that ours sux but there is better. pioneer, kenwood, and eclipse all have some bad ass head units and i would never pay as much as i did for our head unit after i got the car. one of the only reasons why we get it all at the time of purchase is cuz its all financed and we dont have to come out of the pocket right there and then.

but if your trying to keep your car as OEM as possible, then yeah get the OEM Navi system. but if your just looking for the features, then get something better for the price.

10. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

Oh yea, you can even get one that is rear view camera capable!

11. AeJarrotto

true. but you can install one with that guide that was on here... or maybe PL. i dunno? but it goes into reverse camera mode when you shift into reverse to.

12. BLACK-GTS

BLACK-GTS Member

hey guys thanks for all your replies i really wants to add to the navigator system to my gts but i kind of cofuse is it's worth pay $ 2,000 for the oem system if you put a aftermarket system the buttom on the steelwheel would it work? thanks for u help guys..

13. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

There are kits online that claim to provide a seamless integration into the steering wheel controls... but I can guarantee that some of the controls will cease to work if an aftermarket head unit is installed. However, the additional features of the aftermarket unit may make it work your while.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

worry about the buttons on the steering wheel or save 500-1000. HMMMMMMMMMM!

15. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Those steering wheels buttons sure are big....

16. Guest

Guest Guest

besides u can use the PAC adapter and still use ur steering wheel buttons.

17. BLACK-GTS

BLACK-GTS Member

what about the blutooth still work with a aftermarket system ?? and where i can find those aditionals parts? hey guys thanks for your help

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Most quality aftermarket navs will have the optional bluetooth that u can use and as far as the steering wheel controls:

http://www.pac-audio.com/default.asp