What parts are needed for max N/A engine?

Discussion in 'Naturally Aspirated' started by JayGTS88, Aug 11, 2007.

1. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

What parts are needed to get a max n/a engine? i only know some here is the list..
    Cold Air intake
    full cat back
    muffler
    header

that is all i know for now anyone know more to add to the list?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

thats just the basic easy bolt-ons...you still have internals like cams, lifters, pistons. Then there are injectors, fuel rails and spark wires. Also cam gears, hipo axles, engine mounts and port/polish just name a few. Tuning plays a big part of it also.

3. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Jay, are you serious about getting the max amount of HP from the car or are you just asking for the hell of it?

Want a quick way to gain some power for free? Strip your car down to the metal. Lose the back seats and the passanger seat. Lose the plastic on the doors and in the back. Take out all of the sound deadining crap. Get rid of everything in the truck (including the spare). Lose as much weight as possible.

After that, spend money to lose weight. Get the RRM carbon fiber hood. Also, get the rest of the car redone as a full CF shell. Then buy some tracklight rims.

Then its time to work on the engine. First off, do an engine swap. Get a bigger better engine that will give you more NA power. Then, do the stuff Bras said.

There is your max NA power possible.

4. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

I just want to do all the bolt on for the engine to go n/a not go all out crazy lol i would love to but no money :lol:

5. bras_33

Agree with Sub, if thats what your looking for. Remember the Lancer is "rally-inspired." Thats what makes this car so much fun to drive. Yeah all the bolt-on power would be nice but if you calculate all the stuff you put into it, I think you only get about 10-15hp without real numbers. I am not knocking on the guys that purchased the bolt-ons, IMO, I would like to see numbers. Plus, I am getting some of my ish for free so I am holding off on the RRM parts.

6. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

The RPM stuff just seems like alot of money for right now. But yea. Im deff, thinking a turbo of something. Do you think we could fit the EVO IV motor in the car

7. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

An Evo IV motor? Where are you gonna find that? :lol:

8. bras_33

evo lV, wow...I say yeah but with alot of fabrication. They put a 5.0 302 in a miata, at MOD I saw a 4g63T in a 8g galant, so I say why not. But thats a turbo, not NA

9. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

Kinda off topic but as long as the 8g Galant had the 4g64 engine before then the 4g63t is almost a direct swap.
    But on the 4g63t into the new Lancer without alot of fabrication I dont see that happening just the way our exhaust is in the back of the bay compared to the front, although I could be just talking out of my @ss

10. bras_33

It actually came from an evo VIIII, had to get new engine/transmission mounts and the likes. Those were not on the same location from the evo to the galant. So almost direct swap was kinda right.

11. bras_33

It actually came from an evo VIIII, had to get new engine/transmission mounts and the likes. Those were not on the same location from the evo to the galant. So almost direct swap is a little misleading.

12. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Was this a white 8G? If so that guys name is Noel aka cali. You can find info about his Galant over at www.thegalantcenter.com.

13. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Evo VIIII... Is that the same as the Evo IX? :D

14. Ferrit

Ferrit New Member

Also get a pulley kit.

15. bras_33

My bad, thanks, yeah IX...brain fart

16. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

this overall is a good idea even if u do plan to turbo it or go all motor if u do this and decide 2 put a nice size turbo kit on there hey, go all out put slicks on the 2 front tires and set that baby on the track

17. bras_33

^this is for the non-turbo'd section

18. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

that galant was in modified mag and dam it looks sick

19. mezzedupdream

mezzedupdream Well-Known Member

yeah its pretty hot

20. I want to do the same thing, im in the situation that im under 18 so the loan had to go in my parants name, the condition was that i dont get a turbo charged car.

So far the best i have come across is get a piggyback for the ECU, upgrade injectors and install a better fuel pump. If you can get a package that includes the fuel pump, injectors and a fuel rail.

If you do find anything good please post it.