what motor oil and oil filter do you all use?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by ActivesiN, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ActivesiN

ActivesiN Member

hey everyone so I was curious what the rest of you were using for motor oil and oil filters

im running Motomaster Formula 1 full synthetic with a K & N oil filter right now.

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I'm running GReddy GR-3 5W-30 oil and Wix filter....

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I usually just get the cheapest. Lol. Usually a Purolator filter and cheapest oil.

4. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

right now i got royal purple and knn filter. i always use synthetic oil, and advanced auto has good deals every month. so i just get the best deal

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

^^word. I used to run RP, but then I found a deal on 6 cases of the GReddy oil...got enough oil to do around 12 oil changes for 225 bucks

6. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Holy cow! 225 worth of oil. I want that kind of deal. I wont have to worry about changin my oil for 2 year if it does 12 changes. 3,000 miles is acheived every 10 weeks for me. Someone else do the math for me but thats a long time. Im too exhausted from work that I'm still at.

7. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

I use pennzoil platinum and pure one filter. I do 6k oci. I wait for it to be on sale at western auto. I am pretty happy with it UOA reports from pennzoil platinum come back with very good results. BTW 5W30

8. ActivesiN

ActivesiN Member

our cars are rated for 5w-20 is 5w-30 just as good?
    Royal purple is awesome but im in canada its so expensive here like $12 a quart

9. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i got my 5 quarts of rp and knn filter for $40, so i got a good deal thats all hah

10. ActivesiN

ActivesiN Member

lol damn thats a good deal