Warranty voided if revved over 5g's

Discussion in 'Evolution X - General Information' started by xXBrutalXx, Mar 10, 2008.

1. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

wow this is flippin bullshit, no your warranty is not voided if you go over 5grand, the guy was trying to fuck with you

2. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

a good friend of mine went to the dealership to testdrive the G35 when it was new. I know warrenties are different wtih different companies but that salesman let my friend redline it and go 100+. So yeah...

3. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

http://www.mitsucars.com/MMNA/jsp/evo/0 ... ?loc=en-us

Its bullshit, don't believe it.

4. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

isn't the purpose of a fuel cut-out to try and keep you from blowing up your car? haha, if 5k voided it, then there should be a rev limiter, and bring those red lines on the tach down a thousand or three........ BS! :evil:

5. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

hahaha if they bring the redline down a couple thousand... rev over 2k and u voided ur warranty =D anyway... i say that all that 5k thing is bs

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

WTF!!!!! I hope you do not believe him. Do you know how many salespeople drive those cars? Especially on a test drive or a quick stop to get lunch?

I also heard if you drive with the highbeams on and you turn on your wipers, it will void your warranty. they can tell be measuring the thickness of the blade and how many times it went back and forth bcuz the muffler bearings also is being used as a counting device.

7. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

I say they will do anything to get out of paying for that engine, so it wouldnt suprise me

8. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

haha,its all a buncj of BS

9. krnkimchi702

krnkimchi702 Well-Known Member

so your saying... b/c on the highway when you are trying to pass someone and you go over 5k..u void ur warranty... when you go up a hill using cruise control.. and it goes over 5k you just voided ur warranty... thats soo stupid... dealers don't know crap... i went to the dealership before the evox came out and the sales guy was like yeah the new evos are going to cost over 100k.. and i was like ohhh really? and he was like yeah its because of the new body, the bigger turbo, and blah blah blah.. now i look back and should have bet him that if the evo was under 100k he would have to buy me an evo and if its over 100k i would buy it my self.. damn it! lol

10. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

I suspect he meant that launching the car over 5000 RPM would void your warrantee. From what I've read, the computer will not allow the car to be launched above 5000 RPM, so you'd have to hack the ECU before you'd even be able to perform such a launch. At that point, yes, I can see them voiding the warrantee, at least on the transmission.

12. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Exactly. I asked my salesguy at Mitsu about putting underglow and other mods to my car because I was worried about voiding warranties.

His words exactly were "The only way it will void your warranty is if the mods are the CAUSE of what's breaking"

13. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

This thread wreaks of BS.

My buddy who sold me the car didn't mention this to me, the sales manager didnt mention anything to me, the service tech's (who i know) didnt mention anything to me. 5k limit? That's crazy.

14. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

i heard if you debaged your trunk they void your warranty also hahaha wow my warranty would of been long gone then if this was true :roll:

15. lancered

what about the kaneuter valves and the turn signal fluid??if we run out of that i dont think theyll cover under warranty either

16. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Oh, you definitely can't run out of blinker fluid! Not only will it void your warranty but they'll penalize you with a fine of $2,500. :(

17. lancered

/\haha this all just made my day.

18. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

This has got to be the most assinign thing I've heard in awhile, lol.

So when my owners manual, given to me by mitshubishi, tells me that in my CVT, while on the highway and I want to pass, to , and I qoute, "Press the pedal all the way to the floor"... then I would instantly void my warrenty? Dont belive me? read your manual, lol.

I dont know whats funnier, that a service tech would tell someone this, or that someone would actually believe it after being told.

theres a sucker born every day I guess, lol

19. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

also how can they determine the peak hp/tq for the X? you have to dyno it and it is well over 5k, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I also heard if fill your tires with california air instead of the non-pzev air, that will void the warranty also. What about adding vtec sauce to the mivec? I think that will void my warranty also.

20. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

this thread should just be locked and put to rest