Volo VP12 Performance Chip

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Performance' started by ChadD_OZ, Jan 30, 2010.

1. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

can you actually notice the difference or is that one of the eBay "super" chips that adds "25hp" to the wheels but all it does is just ground your computer and engine to the car frame...

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I have become interested. Any updates to this performance chip? Does it connect to the ecu like rrm's?

3. lohwegee

lohwegee Member

hahaha good shittt

4. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

Ok, so now im intrested....so your saying for under $100, depending on witch version you got (v11-v12), you've noticed a nice improvement in power from this chip...?

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Don't forget this is for a 7g. They might have the 8g equivalent, but don't look at getting the same one.

6. Mpitera

I checked out the website earlier and it states they have one for 2008+ Lancers. I might just have to pick one up next pay check, unless someone beats me to it.

7. 1slowlance

I'll wait a little bit longer. Got a few things on my list already. Lol.

8. Jogenmaru

I will try to order this next week and compare it to RRM's and see if its worth the buy vs RRM Piggy. But that depends. I owe on taxes and I need new tires and my tags are due end of next month. But I will try for the community. Ramen here I come :mrgreen:

9. 1slowlance

Lol. That would be a big help considering there are quite a few people looking at it. Even I'M interested. Lol.

10. Jogenmaru

Since they offer 2 versions, The VP11 & VP12, I plan on getting the VP12 since according to the map the vp12 has more low end power gain.

11. ChadD_OZ

ChadD_OZ Well-Known Member

sorry guys ive been missing from the forums for a while. lol. i still have the volo chip installed. And it did have a noticeable difference on the low rpm side, basically from the git go. There was too much high end difference considering i have an intake. It also made my car louder, which i didnt mind:) but prolly decreased my gas milage. it runs through the OBD-2 port. it comes with clamps and shit, but its too hard to access the wires in the back, so if you get one, just plug the copper right into the front of the port. anymore quesitons, just ask:)

12. Mpitera

I will be ordering this Friday. WIll let everyone know when I get it, have it installed and what not.

13. Mpitera

Ok, last weeks pay check went striagh to bills....I will try to buy the v12 with the next check (the 9th). Will keep everyone updated.

damn bills.

14. Mpitera

Ordered!
    So I will let everyone know when I get it and what not. I dont have the RRM Piggy unit to test it against but I can let you know how it goes. I will try to get some 0-60 times for you guys. Nothing offical tho, Just like stop watch fun. lol

15. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

sounds good, im sure we can find someone with the rrm to compare it to

16. Mpitera

Alright so I just got done installing the Volo v12 Chip today. The install is very easy and should take around 15mins (once you know where everything is.) I only took it for a short 2.8 mile drive to get some food and gas after installing it. I did feel a small gain, but then again it could be all mental. lol The website said that it can take come ECU's 120 Miles to accept the changes from the Chip. Since I dont have any problems with it, i'll keep it installed...will let eveyone know if i notice an nice change. I have some pictures below on where the OBD-2 port/setup.
    Volo Instruction page: http://yhst-19807630266082.stores.yahoo.net/install.html
    OBD-II port location:
    [​IMG]
    OBD-II Port
    **Push in both clips to remove the port
    [​IMG]
    Open your fuse box and you will see the wires going to the OBD-II port. Remove some of the electrical tape and the clip that is keeping the wires in place. You will then be able to pull the port through the fuse box.
    Look at your port to see what connections are being used. On my car numbers 4,5,6,7,8,14 and 16 were being used.
    [​IMG]
    Use the Vehicle Specific Wiring Diagrams to find out what wires to use.
    [​IMG]
    Make all connections using the provided clips
    [​IMG]
    I placed the V12 chip on the left pannel, inside the fuse box.
    [​IMG]
    Stared the car and hit the Reset button like instructed...waited est 3 min for the red light to blink and not be steady.

17. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

looks like an easy set up, keep us informed and let us know if its worth it

18. Mpitera

Alright so Lastnight around the 90Mi mark I started noticing some changes in my car. I noticed that my MPG reading was changing a lot. I was going around 70mph, just crusing and my MPG went from 240-280-300. I hit the info button and checked the avg mph and mpg and noticed that it was updating quicker then normal. So it seems that this V12 chip is finally working with my ECU. I hit the ~110mile mark tonight so I dont think my car will change anymore...
    The Break down:
    Did I feel a HP difference : yes
    This is my opinion, did it actually change...idk because i neer got it dyno'd before the chip...or ever
    Would I buy the V12 Chip again : yes

If anyone is intrested in getting one, I have a $10 off promo thingy that came with my chip. There is nothing else on the site that intrest me so its up for grabs.

19. Jogenmaru

When does the coupon expire?

20. Mpitera

Doesn't say...uts a promo code, so who knows..maybe you can use it more then once. lol