vht nightshades

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by walkertx2008, Dec 9, 2009.

1. walkertx2008

walkertx2008 Well-Known Member

can ne one tell me if using the vht nightshades on headlights would affect the brightness of seeing the road? i think the black headlights tail lights and grill would look sick but if the black out on the headlight lense would affect me being able to see then i dnt want to do it.

and if that doesnt work i was gonna try and take my stock headlights the jdm style by taking them apart and doing the paint black on the inside, if i do end up doing that i will post pics on the process so everyone can enjoy an affordable option instead of having to buy the whole set of lights.

let me know.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Yes, they will affect your visibility. You're taking a clear lens, and making it darker/blacker. It depends on how dark you go, on how little you'll be able to see.

3. walkertx2008

got ya, well thats good to kno, so i guess i will just have to go with the homemade jdm lights and black grill.

does anyone have and extra headligt they would be willing to donate for cheap or a set of headlights they would be willing to donate for cheap for the first set? let me kno thanks.

4. walkertx2008

just finished blacking out my grill, gonna try and jdm my headlights tomorrow. will send pics if it all comes out well. and will update as i jdm the lights so others can enjoy homemade goodness as well.

5. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

How did you headlights turn out?

6. walkertx2008

Headlights didn't work out cause the glass around the housing is sealed on the inside so there is no way to take them apart to paint them.