V-lip install instructions - help

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by Bman, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Bman

Bman Member

Hi
    I just got my scorpion v-lip from that ebay singapore store. It came with NO screws or instructions. The seller's e-bay post contains a few vague pictures of installing it with screws.

Does anyone have dyi instructions and pictures of the actual screws/washers he used when installing this lip? It's similar to the RRM lip apparently and those came with screws for other people from what I read.

[​IMG]

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks

B-man

2. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

I don't remember what size screws i got, but make sure you use 6 self-tapping screws. you should beable to tell where they go. I didn't get any directions either (from RRM) it was pretty much self explanitory, and easy. The lip i got had 3M tape under middle part.

3. Bman

Bman Member

Thanks marauder. I got it installed. I'll put up a progress thread soon with pics.

4. kraaZe

kraaZe Active Member

Hey Bman , how much did you get your V lip for ?

5. Bman

Bman Member

150$+150$ shipping +60 customs so yeah around 360 canadian $. Came within 10 days, from ebay, singapore store.

6. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Installation is easy you will need 6 self tapping screws 3 for each side and 3M tape for the middle. Its very obvious where the screws go you cant miss it. Its best to get another person to help you so you can get it on straight and you will drill the screws right through the lip into the airdams I cant remember what size screws they were i think maybe 1" or 2 1/2" screws. They were pretty long so the lip stays attached firmly.

7. YoshiBishi

YoshiBishi Member

For those with this lip.. have you noticed any weird coloration on it? I got mine from scorpion kits.

8. Sinestra

I dont have the V-lip i have RRM's but please take a pic for me.

9. Bman

Bman Member

It was a wierd pale black color but I plasti-dipped that baby and it matches the bumper cap color now.

10. Sinestra

thats because it was not really painted it was still just fiber glass with a matt finish to get a good matte or glossy look you need to paint it. Plasti-dip is a good idea when you get a chance i would actually paint it because you will be touching up that plasti-dip all the time when a rock chip hit it.