Turrrboooo Timeeee 05 ES

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by mouse, Jul 28, 2010.

1. mouse

mouse Active Member

Its about that time :D my turbo has arrivedddd lol here is a pic of it and a list of basically all the new stuff im putting in my car :biggrin:

* RRM Turbo Kit
    * Lightweight Pulley from RRM
    * RRM Drifter Exhaust
    * RRM Tranny Cooler

[​IMG]

P.S: Also since my last pics i added Vortex Generator to my Car, HID's 6000k and yellow fogs new pics will b up when im done with install next week tuesdayyyyy B) lol

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Sick. I probably wouldn't have gone with the drifter exhaust from RRM, because it's pretty much the same thing as the exhaust I have form eBay. Except more expensive. It looks a lot alike anyways. But, when do you plan on doing the install?

Edit: Just read that you'll be doing the install next Tuesday.......yeah, I totally missed it. Lol.

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Good deal...let us know how everything turns out...

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

So it doesn't come with bigger injectors. Atleast I didn't see any in the pics. I'd like to know everything it comes with if you don't mind me asking.

5. mouse

mouse Active Member

Yea i just decided to go out fully with RRM i really like their stuff and if all goes well with everything i def dont mind giving up the extra cash to get their products i feel like they have everything i need for my car lol and yea tuesdayyyy biggg dayy lol

6. mouse

mouse Active Member

Yea it comes with only one big injector a 750CC if im not mistaken and its already inside one of the pipes u can see it coming it out very little in pic but its there and my friend who is doing install took manual and list of all the things it comes with to study for install day on tuesday so everything goes perfect but if you ask me what you want to know i will def answer :D

Anddd i will def be keeping yall posted step by step of install will take pics of whole process B)

7. Jogenmaru

I have their catback. It's pretty good. It was much cheaper than the other name brand ones. I will be buying there straight pipe tomorrow too. I'm not a fan of the 5th injector though. I do wish they would produce a downpipe I could buy seperately though. I'm in need of a replacement and it would be perfect for my turbo build.

8. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

good luck bro

9. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

good luck with the build...

10. mouse

mouse Active Member

Thanks yall one day left till the BIG day lol so ill take all the goodluck i can get lol ill b puttin pics up step by step on tuesday :biggrin: so b readyy lol

11. Jogenmaru

Thank you sir. Now I can see what's soo great about rrm's setup that would make it 4.2k.

12. Jogenmaru

anu updates?

13. mouse

mouse Active Member

sorry for the longggg lay off guy :\ buttt it has been a crazy 2 weeks so lemme give you guys the update with some pics on the way of my story which will hopefully have a very happy ending so here is goess:)

My Car Ready For Install

[​IMG]

My Install started on Tuesday Aug 3rd and i expected it to take 2 days well that didnt happen lol :(
    we started with the fuel pump thats day which made us start fast n easy n get our confident up which we will need for rest of install

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this process was extremely easy n came out perfect good way to start day

The 2nd thing we did was remove stock mani and install whole turbo mani/wastegate/turbo assembly which sounds easy but was a bitch to take out all nuts and also to disconnect stock downpipe from stock mani buttt after buyin a couple tools to help us out we got it down tho took longer than expected

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sooo up to this point yea a lil hard work but nothing to serious we still feeling good tho getting everything in a and bolted was pretty hard we got it done B)

After being done with the swap of stock mani with turbo assembly which took a good amount of time and took a lot of critical thinking since some bolts wouldn't come out aka stock down pipe bolts we had to do some quick thinking and make some changes in our approach but we got it done lol next step was oil tap time

Every one kept telling us how this would be hardest part buttt i found it to b just normal not easy or hard just wateva and we got it done in a good amount of time

[​IMG]

sooo everything was going semi smooth till now we had ran into our problems but basically problems ereone kinda runs into you kno but noting we couldnt fix at the moment or just find a solution for until this next step coming up

Our next step was to set up all the IC Piping and Mount the IC itself :D i was getting excited lol

but my excitment was shot down and bad as we are installing all the piping all the pipes are coming along good and we doing it fast pipe couple clamp booom pipe coupler clamp booom goign nice smmoth untilllll we get to pipes that go in engine bay we first removed the stock filter and r ready to put the intake pipe in but as my friend grabs he is like it looks kinda funny but wateva lets dooo itt but im a lil worried :\ and i had the rite to as the intake pipe really didnt fit my application

[​IMG]

the radiator was in the way of were the BOV recirculating hose goes into and the pipe itself did not perfectly fit into turbo even with coupler and the cone filter would point up to high getting in the way of 5th injector pipe and pipe that goes down to IC piping

[​IMG]

so after this disasterous thing happned my friend decided to move on mayb wit will help to install other pipes first n then we run 2 our second huge problem the piping from the 5th injector to pipe that goes down to IC piping didnt reach each other and we didnt have a coupler long enough to fit :( the day just kept getting worse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

O_O aghhhh we had ran to many problems thru the day but this was one we didnt have control of and couldnt do anything to fix so i contacted RRM and as mad as i was i knew they would help n they did i send them some pics they took a look and said they will send me new intake pipe n the longer coupler made to fit the pipe so i was a lil mad but hey stuff happens so im like watvez just wanna finish n b boosted so my friend who is helping is install said we was fone for the day after the whole heartache lol :( so this is how my car looked after the first day was over n this was Aug 3rd

[​IMG]

14. mouse

mouse Active Member

So the second day started with my friend saying we would do downpipe and exhaust until we could talk to RRM which is what sucks when you live in florida becuz RRM time is so diff so we have to wait till 1pm to talk to them :\ but its str8 we ended up starting downpipe n exhaust which took its good amount of time we also tighten up all bolts n clamps from the day before which took up all our time up and didnt have time to do PiggyBak PLus RRM told me that the new pipe n coupler would b coming in 1 week so we decided to do PiggyBak that day which would b Wednesday Aug 11 but here is pics of how downpipe n exhaust came out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sooo the 2 days that i thought 4 sure my kit would b done by had come and gone and i was one pipe away from being done :(

well now wensday came the biggg dayyy lol not so much well we did ecu was mighty easy we ran all the wires and even put bumper on but not fully in becuz i still gotta put fogs on

The ecu was real easy to reach right under the glove compartment it was cake lol

[​IMG]

but of course a day with no problems wouldnt b a regular day of my turbo install lol soo the package from RRM comes in boom long coupler perfect fits nice install boom buttt the intake pipe was a no go :( it was still off soo i called RRM and we discussed it and i took in more detail pictures this time explained to them exactly what i needed so im hoping this time it all works out but as far as the install everything is done and car is ready just waiting on the intake pipe but we have done everything else and also need to do the hoses but thats it here is the most recent pics of how it is looking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so this is were it stands now waiting on the pipe and thats it even though its been a headache n i have had my times wen i was extremely heated at RRM they have been helpfuly n done everything i have requested and i know everything isnt perfect just hope at the end of it all the car will run perfect then everything would b worth it :biggrin:

15. mouse

mouse Active Member

also quick question does anyone know if its mandatory for me to have 2nd 02 sensor becuz the downpipe only has 2 bungs and wanted to put wideband in thanks for the helppp

16. Jogenmaru

You have to make a secone hole. You will need that second o2 sensor so you wont throw codes all the time. Mainly these codes. P0421 and it was another one. I have to go and look at my logs on my computer in my car. But my second o2 sensor currently isnt plugged in and I throw the same code all the time. I just clear it out anytime it pops up. It's mostly there for inspection. Im not sure on a turbo setup. It may cause you to run a bit rich...which is never good. So keep it for now and have someone install a 3rd hole for your wideband. You'd think the measurements would be perfect. But they used and 03 OZ rally which is a bit different in the engine bay compared to the 04 and up lancer. its not off majorly but enough to cause some issues with compatibility. But they should have had it up to spec when you bought it so you wouldnt have to go through this. I ordered brake pads from them once and they sent me the cheaper version although I paid for the more expensive version. Good ppl. It's just things end up off with them. They are quick to fix the issue though. I just kept the ones they sent me. Didn't even bother them since it was imperative for me to have them. I needed them to pass inspection. I'm going to order from them again but I'm just waiting on the funds.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  17. 1slowlance

Looking really good. Don't you just love it when you're installing something and then you find out they forgot to give you something? Happened to me a few times. Lol.

18. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

for how much you paid and how long rrm has been selling these there reallly is no reason for all those things to be wrong in that kit if you ask me.
    hopefully itll all come together soon

19. 1slowlance

^ +1. I agree fully. They've been selling Lancer specific stuff for a while, and I know they've had a lot of customers. But, it seems like there is always something wrong with any product from RRM. Either something doesn't line up correctly, or a piece is missing or something. Does anyone else get that impression?

20. mouse

mouse Active Member

Thanks for the advice def dont want my car running rich just that i have had same code for my car P0421 for the sensor for a while now it might have been that its mest up or that it wasnt plugged in becuz wen we took off exhaust thats what it looked like and my car always ran good but u might b right once i run turbo i might need it but yea as far as the piping goes me and my friend kept telling each other that it looked like they had sent me piping for a diff model of my car cuz they were always sometin minorly off about each pipe but notin to serious except intake pipe which didnt fit at all but RRM has not let me down with their customer service as they are doing everything in their power to fix it :biggrin: