turbo question.

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Belgaram, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Belgaram

Belgaram Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has a complete stage 3 turbo from an Evolution 8. He wants to build this into my 09 GTS but said I'll need an intake manifold. Can you even get a manifold or is this something that can even be done?

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, anything CAN be done..but it'll take some work. Setup from an 8 would require more than a setup from an X....but it can be dome with some custom parts and some time...

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

You are going to need more than an "exhaust manifold". The only thing you would be able to use would prolly be the turbo itself. Everything else would have to be custom made to fit that specific turbo. You can check out rrm and see if their turbo exhaust manifold fit the evo 7-9. Other wise you will have to get everything custom made. You should be able to use the intercooling from an evo 10/ralliart. I really doubt you need a new intake manifold.

4. aTm beaner

aTm beaner Well-Known Member

don't the EVOs have the same 4B11 as the non-turbo'd lancers? why can't they just do an even turbo swap?

5. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

to my understanding its the same 4b11 please correct me if I am wrong. I think your main issue will be the exhaust manifols which I am sure yo can by on ebay cheap for a EVO X. I am sure a universal intercooler and piping kit from ebay would work to. Me and my buddy just used one on his SER sentra with a EVO 8 intercooler little bit of cutting and done. As far as kits go I have always been skeptical, i think there overpriced and quality can be iffy. My buddy put one on his s2000 from greddy and the exhaust manifold already cracked. Its been less than a year and greddy told him to ef off regarding a replacement. I do not know if the flange on the hot side of the turbo from a EVO 8 will fit the manifold of a EVO X.

6. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

its named the 4b11t but from what ive read there is a really big difference between the 4b11 and 4b11t

7. el lancer

el lancer Active Member

I am sure internals are diferent but as far as bolt patterns for manifolds ect there should not be much of a difrence