Turbo Install Price in NJ

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by BlueBallLancer, Mar 11, 2009.

1. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

Got a quote from Turbotrix here in nj.. $800-1100

is that good price or am will i get robbed ??

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

1. how sketchy or clean is the shop
    2. what parts will they be using
    3. do you anyone else has gotten one done by them

3. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

TurboTrix is a good shop. I would trust them, they are popular with the evo crowd.

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

yes.. turbotrix are reputable... plus 800 sounds about right.... i dont do it for less than 1000 myself...

5. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

ok so confirmation from ektor so i'd say go with it. its just that ive never heard of them before.

6. NJ08LancerGTS

NJ08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

your getting the rrm turbo bro? ahh dude we have spoke about that already.....

7. BlueBallLancer

just pricing it out, i figure now or never haha it blows up it blowsup

8. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Mine hasn't blown up yet and I doubt it will.

In Texas common turbo installs with out and modifications being needed, new oil, and oil filter will run between $500 - $800.

Need to check with your shop to see if that includeds the 5 qts of 5W-50 oil thats required. Most shops also charge extra for wiring in piggyback ecus. Check that.

Where in NJ are you located? I'll be moving to Maguire AFB in about a year.

9. BlueBallLancer

what $500 oil change? how come factory turbos dont need 5w-50 oil? :albino:

10. SeRious08

No the total for the install with oil change is around $500. No just the oil change :lol:

Not sure. I went with what was recommended by RRM for this kit. Its a large investment and didn't want to take chances....

11. NJ08LancerGTS

Serious, Maguires airforce base is right next to ft. dix thats where i drill once a month.

12. NJ08LancerGTS

you say that now but when it does blow up and you lose a 18k+ investment and can't warrenty it, u will be thinking differently. think what you went through with your springs hmmm.

13. BlueBallLancer

lol oh... i know ferraris are like $300 for an oil change, thought it was crazy like that.

it is a large investment...yeah i might as well buy stocks, time to buy! aig went up %80 percent yesterday, but they ain't so stable haha

14. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

Wasn't TurboTrix the one who had a build up posted online somewhere of the Evo X GSR when it first came out? They came out with basic stuff for the Evo pretty quick and kept the site up-to-date when they were doing it too. Seemed ok to me...

15. SeRious08

Thats just the thing, its not a $18k investment gone. If you blow the motor, you are out around $500. Thats it. Even though warranty won't cover it, insurance will. I have a $250 deductable for full coverage. If my engine ever blows, I pay $250 for a new one and all labor. :D

16. BlueBallLancer

huh? how do you get insurance on car malfunctions? it thought insurance was only for accidents/theft?

17. SeRious08

USAA covers my car 100%. If the engine blows, tranny goes to crap, whatever, it doesn't matter.

18. NJ08LancerGTS

I have USAA and they told me they didn't cover that, cause i asked about it when i was goign to supercharge my 06 eclipse gt to get 400whp! Either way i hope you enjoy your turbo, it looks great adn i bet its fun to drive now. But i dont' recommend anybody to put a turbo on this car for many reason (always be sow, mechanical issues, more maintence, 93octane, blah blah blah) IMO if you want speed jump on a bike, you can get a 05 zx6r for 4g's and it does 1/4th mile in 10.9 stock no instal or mods needed just a great launch :). Blueball get urself a bike instaed of a losy turbo, u will have much more fun on the bike then u will ever in ur car, ur car is def. nice enough how it is.

19. BlueBallLancer

lemme ride your bike then haha

i'm down to learn

20. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Never will I get on a bike again. I've had too many friends that have died or have permanently screwwed themselves up... not for me, I like four walls around me.