Turbo install in a few weeks!

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by LANCERGTS2008, Oct 17, 2008.

1. sicma99ot

sicma99ot Member

what kinda numbers are you expecting to get?

btw im in 863, fl

2. LANCERGTS2008

LANCERGTS2008 Active Member

I need some advice, should I let my boy do the install at his shop that's like 15 mins from house or extreme boost. Really I haven't seen XB turbo work, I have seen my boy Matt work on some cars but not too much. If I go local I can stop by my boys house an get it tuned until its right if I go to orlando its kind of a one shot deal and can only go back when I have more money if I need to tune again. Does anyone know about XB work? Not to make XB look bad if their reading, just need more info especially bbecause my install date is quickly approaching. I may need to ask both shops why their turbo is better. Frank is going to be in hollywood, fl in about a week to visit his brothers shop down here, I think the best thing to do is meet with him and get into a detailed conversation as to what to expect, face to face before going up there will allow me to know them as a shop and person. This way everything is agreed upon before just showing up in orlando expecting the best...

3. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

xtremeboost hasnt sold a kit to anyone yet because I believe they were waiting on a fuel management system. Which ever path you decide to take good luck, this stock lancer (de/es/gts) was never meant to be turbo'd you can tell from the cheap internals (plastic intake manifold :roll: ). I hope your results prove me wrong though :D Keep us posted.

4. LANCERGTS2008

to be realistic I would expect maybe 210hp to 225hp. I have heard someone has boosted the GTS manual to 300hp for a little while. I won't say who but our CVT is not the same as the manual. I would rather wait until internals are made for our cars before testing anything above that. Plus our CvT won't be cheap to repair.

5. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

startin rumors are we?

6. LANCERGTS2008

I did the math, I am going to let Extreme Boost do my turbo. I rather go with them who are reputable and have worked on the EVO on a daily basis. Plus they own one, who would be better? I have spoken to Frank and we have gotten into some details about the turbo, but he is pretty busy at the shop. I am going to plan an install date but I am kind of waiting for Franks word. He says he couldn't do it today even if I have the money thats how busy they are. So I suspect the install will be sometime mid November which is better for me.

I need to buy that trans cooler very soon... :D

7. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Re:

A plastic intake manifold has nothing to do with if the engine can handle boost. There are several cars on the road that are boosted with plastic manifolds. Do your research....

That "plastic" can withstand a lot more than you think.

8. SeRious08

You still havn't mentioned what Frank at XB plans on doing for fuel management. That would have been my first question to him. Like stated before and all over the other boards, he hasn't sold one due to no tuning.

9. LANCERGTS2008

We were planing to flash my ECU, but I decided not to because I want to piggy back my ECU in case of warranty. The program is not a major concern, this is for large distribution only ( i think) but because I am going down there he will be able to work on my car locally and tune it himself. I think that answers the question, if that wasn't clear then let me know, this is what I think from what Frank mentioned. A large distribution of the tune will require pre-tuned settings (sort of speak) for everyone, but mines will not matter because it is just me and he can work on mine to my liking. Do not take my word on this, i do not speak for XB in any way. If you have a serious inquiry for a turbo then ask them directly.

So, I spoke to him again yesterday because I was wondering if I should get it all ceramic and polished. I am going to pay an extra $$$ for the polished pipping and ceramic manifold for SHOW and performance.

10. LANCERGTS2008

Re:

I plan to boost the car to about 230-250 hp to the wheels, the car will be dyno'd after the tune and I will post the numbers.

11. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

You should not worry about your warranty. Once you turbo your car, liss that warranty goodbye! :wave:

12. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

^ True Very true, and if the tranni goes your looking at 5 g's

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

LOL true.....

you getting a turbo and you are worried about warranty? rofl

I have a lil 2 question quize for you that will tell me whats your REAL goal:

1. Choose one (1) of the following options:

a) Warranty
    b) Turbo Kit

2. Choose two (2) and ONLY two (2) of the following options.

a) Fast
    b) Reliable
    c) Cheap

14. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

umm.... can I choose a life-line.... lmao

Seriously tho, if i had the choice I would be going with the flash rather then the piggy.

15. SeRious08

It answers it. Thanks for the info. So was he going to use the WORKS flash? Sounds like he is going to use the RRM piggyback now.

16. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I dont understand why do we have to use piggy backs from companies that have developed some for our cars BUT not for the current situation... RRM and WORKS's piggys and flashes arent designed for turbo applications. Get a stand-back/standalone and you are done. they are a but expensive but again, choose 2:

Cheap / Fast / Reliable

;)

it sounds redundant but this is a lot less complicated than how it been pleaded...

If only i had the money...

17. LANCERGTS2008

Forget about warranty, this doesn't matter as much anymore. I am interested in making my car more faster and use it for street and show. I will drive it but not as much as before. I plan to keep the miles low and continue to work on it. We already have the EVO motor, I might change the tranny far in the future who knows, but for now my plans aren't to do anything other than install a turbo and continue with the cosmetics like hood etc... Plus its not like I am a kid, i passed that stage years ago. I know how to take care of my belongings in which I pay for. The reason I am not worried is because I have enough funds for my project.

Everyone is so skeptical because they are scared and wont risk anything for a little fun, ok so what if the tranny blows, guess what buy a new one. Some people on here don't even own their car, I do. I already have the money for the turbo and install thats not a question, I am waiting for Frank to move to his new building where he will have time and space to work on my car. Once its dyno'd everyone will be cheering :wav: Whoever is N/A can see me waving from my rear view mirror... :wave: me and the EVO's will be at the bar doing this :eek:ccasion5: then you can salute the Lancer king :salute: :faroah:

18. SeRious08

Not true. RRM already has a tuned piggy for their turbo setup. The tune on it is completely different from the N/A tune.

19. LANCERGTS2008

That's true, I think I saw it on their website or somewhere else, I highly doubt extreme boost wants to use parts from a competitor, how would that look? Extreme boost is offering the turbo at a very reasonable price, this beats the extra $1,000+.

20. SeRious08

Straight off RRM website:

The all new 2008 Lancer 4b11 manual transmission turbo kit development is complete. It is for the manual transmission only and produces 50%+ hp over the stock 2.0l 4b11 engine. The kit includes all the necessary parts to turbo your lancer, fuel management, 16g turbo charger, front mount intercooler, and all the piping. The piping comes powdercoated gloss black and the manifold is ceramic coated so that it wont rust or corrode. This is a complete kit just install and go, not other parts needed. THIS KIT IS ONLY FOR THE MANUAL TRANSMISSON 2.OL 4B11 ENGINE, IT WILL FIT PZEV AND FED CARS.