Turbo install in a few weeks!

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by LANCERGTS2008, Oct 17, 2008.

1. LANCERGTS2008

LANCERGTS2008 Active Member

Hey whats up, I just saved up some money for the extreme boost turbo install. I spoke to Frank we will be scheduling an install date in just a few weeks. I think this will be great everyone, no one has really posted pics or good videos so hopefully I will be able to provide better input on how this turbo is going to be on our lancers.

I was the first in Miami/Broward to have the GTS and now maybe I will be the first to turbo...Anyways post up here and let me know what you guys think. I plan to drive up to Orlando very soon. i will watch them install it over the weekend. This is really gonna be exciting, once its in I will be meeting everyone from the crew at the towers to show and possibly go for a ride in it. Wish me luck!! :lol:

2. Thatguy

Thatguy Well-Known Member

good luck on the install. video clips are always welcomed. :thumbup:

3. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

i thought they still couldnt tune the car. unless they JUST figured out how

4. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

good luck!!!... you are going to luv it... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

5. LANCERGTS2008

Yeah, I cant wait. This car would be a much different animal with a turbo. Especially with the paddle shifters.

I got the sport seats but I dont want to install it just yet, I fell like I am going to be annoyed by the airbag service light.

6. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

did u get ur lancer from the docks?

7. LANCERGTS2008

No not quite, I got it from the show room floor to be honest. Yeah, I didnt see any Lancers any where for atleast 6 months after I bought it. This car was the first GTS at the dealer.

8. Mitsu008

oh ok just wondering since u said u was the "first" lancer in miami and broward lol pretty sure of urself

9. LANCERGTS2008

oh ok just wondering since u said u was the "first" lancer in miami and broward lol pretty sure of urself[/quoted
    can't wait, where you located? I will post videos from start to finish hope to see feedback.

10. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

lol this is alex right??
    mitsu008 is cameron if u didnt know
    im pretty sure you two have met lol

11. moon

moon Active Member

definitely interested how its gunna turn out. i was looking at their kit as well over RRM's since they are local Florida too.

12. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I am located in the central florida area.. let me know when are you going to be around ;)

13. Mitsu008

Na tom i dont think thats alex lol

14. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

good luck with install...there is nothing like being blown!!! and getting a turbo as well! :D

15. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Sounds good bro. Good luck with everything.

16. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

taking bets! if you know what i mean :roll:

17. zxman69

zxman69 Member

just wondering what the cost of this kit is and how much for the install?
    and what are you going to be using for engine management?

18. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

Nice, cant wait to see the final product.

19. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

It is Alex Cam.

20. LANCERGTS2008

. I will let you know, hopefully I remember. Stay posted on here to find out, I am pretty sure I'm gonna need to order RRM trans cooler. I don't think extreme boost has developed one as of yet. My boy Matt in hollywood wants to build and install my turbo and gave me a really good price. Plus since I know him and he's really local I thought about it because I could possibly get started today. But this is somthing I think I am going to leave to a reputable shop like extreme boost. My boy is good but I just get the feelin XB is the right choice. Plus a trip up to orlando will be fun. I should probably order the trans cooler before I head up especially because that will be a long ride on the turbo for the first drive you feel me. I am not sure what engin management they will be providing me with, I will speak to them again tomorrow and go into details to make sure I know what to expect and feed back from people who know this stuff better than me. This will be my first kit so I miight need to take someone up there with me who"s knowledgable. The turbo will not include the entire exhaust but it will go just past the manifold I think that's the down pipe. It'l be 3inch then I will finish the exhaust at a local shop.