Transmisson Gone

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Redline1, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

no man. i thought it was really funny,. i liked it. none taking to heart. im taping off my engine cover now about to paint it, got the car i dont have lol

2. Redline1

im jumping up and down like i little school girl. i just went to my mitsu dealer to pick up the eclipes and i talked to my friend dustin about my car. They are fully covering it. THe CVT belt broke, he said that the reason the inspectors came here is becuase they are worried about the 2.4 liter motor thats going in the newer lancer. I got to meet the people from japan, and guess what, i dont speak good japanize lol. But im really happy right now. Doug said that my car will be done by tommrow night friday morning at the very latest. YAY!!!!!!

3. Sollis

Sollis Active Member

Very nice to hear :) Was there any possible reason as to why the belt broke or is it a mystery to them?

4. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

good to hear bro glad your getting her back :D

5. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

awesome man,you gonna hit up some carshows this weekend?

6. Redline1

yea we got the ccu customs show this weekend. sO yea i will be there with jake, lots of pics dont worry. And they said the chian just snaped, so i guess it was just a bad part.

7. Redline1

forgot to say, they checked my tires and everything to see if they were worn in a pattern of street racing, so they could blame it on that. they made a very funny comment about evo owners lol

8. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

awesome man,theres a car show up here where i live i want to go to this weekend also.i wish i was around your area id cruise with ya.but im in another CC. CFX-critical effects,i wanna borrow some rims from someone in my area if i i do go.

9. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

glad to hear everything will be ok. But its going to be hell for mitsu if that makes the news.... new lancer CVT breaking a belt = no more CVT sales. Hope it was a fluke.....

10. Redline1

^ yea they took it. So i dont think it will make news unless we have more cvt breaks. then yea, i wanted them to just throw on a 5 speed so i didnt have to worry about it but they wouldnt

11. Redline1

^ yea they took it. So i dont think it will make news unless we have more cvt breaks. then yea, i wanted them to just throw on a 5 speed so i didnt have to worry about it but they wouldntit

and lancered yea it would fun to cruse around. i wish i had peeps to give me there rims lol

12. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

wow ppl from japan came all the way to Myrtle Beach to check out your tranny...so we will see you in a magazine soon, shaking thats dude hand and smiling huh? :D

13. krnkimchi702

krnkimchi702 Well-Known Member

in his case..i think the engineers from japan had to come.. b/c it was something they never delt with before.. and they need to be prepared if this is an ongoing thing not just a fluke... well thats funny they checked ur tires to see if you were street racing.. what does neutral to drive do??? what the japanese peopl where talking about??

14. Nosman

Nosman Active Member

floored in neutral then put in drive "D"

15. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

friend said he did that to one of his old cards... completely fked up his auto transimision... :-\... had to take it to a mechanic to fix it... thats y u don't do it in an auto :p

16. Redline1

yea it other wise known as a neautral drop. but they were doing the whole tires thing to try a So and blame me for it, lol. But yea they are all really nice, im just worried about going turbo now. i guess time will tell. But as far as a mag shot i higly doubt it but it would be nice. but thanks for the support guys i can not wait for tommorrow im gonna start cleaning my baby for the show

17. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

haha, yea i was in my friends car when he neutral dropped it and blew the transmission hahaha. its the stupidest thing you can do.

18. Redline1

so i just went to the dealership to see how it was going with my car. and guess what. Someone passed me driving my car. balls out. i was not happy to see my car being cranked around a s turn without me driving it. So i talked to doug and asked him why someone was driving my car and he said that they were testing it out to make sure everything was ok. so now they want to hold it till tommorow to make sure the computer picks up everything

19. Redline1

so i just went to the dealership to see how it was going with my car. and guess what. Someone passed me driving my car. balls out. i was not happy to see my car being cranked around a s turn without me driving it. So i talked to doug and asked him why someone was driving my car and he said that they were testing it out to make sure everything was ok. so now they want to hold it till tommorow to make sure the computer picks up everything

20. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

i hope you checked your miles before you gave it to them. I'd be pretty pissed too