Transmisson Gone

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Redline1, Apr 1, 2008.

1. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

but the new GTS with even more power uses the same CVT too ;)

2. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

yea they are gonna try something like that most likley but i will fight it from they second they do. im not making 30 more horses or anything lol. But even if it did stress it out it still should not have gone out at 17000 miles right

3. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

i have just hit 23k on my CVT and I haven't had any issues yet...... knock on wood.......

4. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

im under 25 and i got a loan car from my dealer before...it was on one of the sales contract that if the repair might take more than a day...the dealer is required to loan a car wether the repair is under warranty or not..

5. Redline1

yea thats what i said but they said that the rental company they use says you have to be 25

6. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

You only have to be 25 if you are renting a vehicle out of state. Otherwise its 21 in most cases.

7. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

that all depends on what company AND where u live... in the state of NY they made a law where all rent-a-car companies MUST allow all people above the age of 18 to be able to rent a car

8. grizbone

and thats exactly why i said in most cases buddy

9. Bryn1987

well, if u wanna go there, then no ur technically wrong, most companies require over 25 in or out of state...

10. grizbone

I never wanted to go anywhere. Was simply making and observation based on the experiences ive had, and have never had a problem renting a car. Especially when the dealership set it up for me. But regardless, lets both let go of the need to be correct because this is now off topic and not an argument worth having.

Sound good?

11. Bryn1987

+1

12. Redline1

going to the dealership tommorrow to talk to them about gettimg the cover that gives you the plus or minus right, same tranny so in therory couldnt i get the gts cover and the trannie be the same. i dont want paddle shifers just the gts cover

13. Redline1

i know this is not healthy but dam i miss my car. i miss the sound of the sri and the hks. i miss my baby. my girlfriend left me cause i have changed without my car lol

14. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

you serious or just joking because thats beat up lol now your without a car and a women :p

15. Redline1

mostly serious. but she was a big "b" anyway

16. Dukekid0987

aww man well the one that matters is in the shop haha :D

17. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

damn dude,sounds like she was in it for the nice car.now that you dont have it......

18. Dukekid0987

odds are she found a dude with and evo :cry:

19. Redline1

wow man you really put a smile on my face. im at home sick now so yea ill be on all day. the inspectors are in. i took the eclipes to the shop this moring to get it serviced and there were these guys from japan talking to the supervior. they kept saying nutral to drive nutral to drive. and when i figured out they were talking about my baby sitting in the shop i went and introduced myself. then they shut up about the neutral drop. because my car has never had that done to it

20. Dukekid0987

aw man i wasnt bein and ass just a lil fun hope you didnt take it to heart hah anyways any news on your car and stuff ?