Transmisson Gone

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Redline1, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

No April fools. I was driving to school this mornig and i went to hit the gas to go over a hill and all of a sudden the cars rpms jump but the car does not move. i looked to make sure that i did not hit it from "D" to "N" and sure enough i was still in D. So yea my tranni is gone i had it towed to my dealership and he said this was the first time he has seen this with our cars. So yea not happy. They are sending my tranni to the misubishi head quaters so they can look at it, the worst part is that i might not get a car to drive from them because i am under 25. Wow this sucks ass, i miss my baby i have thought about her all day

2. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

dang dude.

3. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

ah shitty...you don't have any mods do you?

4. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I hope warrenty covers it. Iv read about 1 guy i think here who already had an issue with his tranny but his was Manual.

5. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

that hella sucks. is it a auto or stick? warranty covers that right?

6. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

its an auto...

7. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

mine is manual but i was the one who posted about my probs, warranty didnt cover it, but i am fighting it, gl

8. Redline1

the guy i spoke with said it was covered by the warenttie. im feel so alone without her. they sent it off to the main mitsu place for further inspection. its an auto though

9. Redline1

oh as for mods. RRM intake Hks Custom exhaust, rrm pully, tie bars and toyo tires, should have no affect to trany. so yea

10. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

u never know

mitsu tends 2 blame mods that have nothing to do with the main problem
    well with my experience with them anyways or myb my dealership is ghey like that

for example when i had a notch in my 2nd gear they blamed my aftermarket shiftnob

i wouldnt be suprised if they blamed something in ur mods list that have nothing 2 do with the problem

but gl and i hope everything is covered with warrente

11. Redline1

my friends dad is the supervisor so i guess i will talk to him and see what i can do

12. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Sucks man.

13. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

how many miles did u have on ur ride?

14. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

That SUCKS, especially for the cvt. Only thing that may give you a problem for warranty coverage is the pulley. They may pull lots of bs out of their ass just not to pay for it. Good Luck. Keep us updated.

15. Redline1

about 18000 miles. and they jsut told me that they can not touch the car untill the inspector gets here and they said that will be about a week or so, then they said after he is done then they will have my new transmission and my car will be ready in about to weeks after that. So not happy right now. so now im stuck driving my other baby with 170000 miles on her. still a great truck. It is used maily for rescue. i will upload pics soon

16. Redline1

[​IMG]

she is great condition

17. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

not bad but still no lancer.... :( hope ya get your baby back soon...

18. Redline1

yea thanks guys its gonna be about a month or more they said so yea

19. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

That sucks. Here's the truly bad news, though: they probably can deny warranty coverage for the tranny if your mods make more power than stock. Your transmission is only designed to handle so much power, so they could argue that your mods over-stressed it.

Hope you come out OK, though, and Mitsubishi pays for a new one.

20. faracinman2

faracinman2 Well-Known Member

dude a month, sh*t man that sux, i wouldn't b able to wait that long