Transmission Issue?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by RedStar, Jul 20, 2007.

1. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I have a small problem and I dont know whats going on. Whenever I am about to stop in front of a redlight or a stopsign and slow down sometimes i feel like a pull or a shake or somthing its hard to explain when the gears go down. I have an automatic so I cannot understand whats going on? Not sure if i should let this continue or take it to mitsubishi and let them take a look at it or what?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

If you have the time, take it in

3. RedStar

Would they charge me just for a checkup or is that all part of warrenty?

4. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

warranty shoudl cover it...

5. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

warranty should cover it. i think ive felt that motion too. its like when you let go of the brake from a stop, it jerks forward. i watched the RPM and it fluctuates a little. i would bring mine into the dealership, but i feel like it'll work just fine when i bring it there.

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^always does but as soon as you leave, "the problem" comes back

7. RedStar

Yeah tahts what im worried about too. When i bring it in itll all be fine. So what i think ill do is wait for the problem to grow?

I still have the 4 year 60k warrent lol

At least i think,
    I got the warrent you dont have to buy or pay extra for.
    Not 100% sure if the dealer said 4 years or 5 but i can clearly recall 4.

8. RedStar

Also had 2 questions.

Do you guys warm up your car before you go somewhere or do you just hop in and go?

And, is accelerating fast bad for the vehicle? Or at least if you have automatic? I don't get close to the redline but i do reach 5rpm a lot.

9. EpiiCk

EpiiCk Well-Known Member

i warm up my car, i think its a good idea to.

10. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

not usually, but i live in orlando and its like 85 overnight.

11. JAD

JAD Member

Does it feel like the engine is braking? sort of and does it happen around 25-20mph if you have noticed.. because mine does the same thing when im coming to a stop.. and from my google searches some people with the 07 altima cvt have the same thing.. maybe its just normal?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 221AAoO7Ov

12. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

strange i havent noticed that. may be i just didnt pay attention, i will take it for a spin tomorow and will see. as for warming up i do. but in SC is like 80-85 F overnight so right now i crank it up wait about 30-45 seconds and roll. it will be a diffrent thing in the winter.