to delete or not to delete!

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Performance' started by injen78, Feb 23, 2012.

1. injen78

injen78 Member

just bought a catback exhaust and header for my 03 oz...now what im contemplating is should i delete the cat?
    i live in ohio(for school) and we have no emissions or inspection so i dont really need it?
    if i do delete will i have to get a CEL eliminator?
    CEL eliminator being basically an o2 extension or is it something differant for these cars(sorry im usually a honda guy)

im pretty sure the exhaust tone will change if i delete the cat so idk what to really do.,

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I say keep it. Removing it will cause increased fuel consumption, and a CEL. Also, deleting the cat wil make it prett raspy no matter what you do.

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I'd keep it. Unless you want that loud, raspy sound, like L2Q said. Then, go for it. And yes, I know Road Race Motorsports sells a plug that supposedly eliminates the car from not getting a reading and throwing a CEL.

4. injen78

injen78 Member

yea after thinking about it im going to just keep it..thanx guys.

5. injen78

injen78 Member

alright so i went to do the exhaust today and no cat!!! the previous owner did a hack job straight pipe that i just cant fix..so ive been looking for test pipes and cant find anything...so my question is will a test pipe for an evo work??
    i need to find the correct lengthfor the oz and compare with the evo.

6. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member