Tire Shine

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by ViperF16, Jun 14, 2007.

1. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

anyone got any recommedations for some tire wet? i can't seem to find a good one. all the ones i use leaves that nice streak on the rims

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

same for me did the same crap im taking my car tomm to a professional detailer that is at my dads work so ima see what he uses

3. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Apply the tire shine when the tire completly dries. I find that stops that annoying streaking...

4. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

look for the highest tire shine armor all. ive only heard good things about it

5. LancerGTS

im gonna try that!

6. ViperF16

also heard that tire gel works good.

7. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Gel

Meguiars makes a really got tire gel, it lasts longer that the sprays also

8. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

Try spraying the shine on a wet wheel and rims(say after you wash the car). Then use an aplicator pad (get them at Autozone) and wipe the spray around on the tire (avoid the rims as much as possible). Once finished, use a towel to wipe off the rims and get all water and spray off. This works really well and I never have problems with dirty streaks on my rims.

9. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

Spray tire shine on the tire before you clean the wheel.

After tire shine is applied in the amount desired than simply clean your wheel with the appropriate wheel cleaner and viola! Clean tires and wheels.

10. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

black magic i found works good... the liquid kind not foam. but i remember also when black magic used to make the sparkle applications. came in a tube. and when sun hit the tires, your car looked like it has blue or gold or whatever tires.. it was out about 2 years ago..for may be one summer, then i havent seen it since..

11. ViperF16

well thanks for sharing something we can't get!! thanks :(

12. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

i remember that! blue tires!

14. LancerGTS

^ fun stuff

15. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

I need to make sure I keep some tire cleaner as well. I hate the browning that starts to form on the wheel. I found Meguiars works really well for tire shine.. But I haven't tried any of the others.

16. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

I use Armor all gel...I did my tires almost 2 weeks ago with it and its rained almost every day and they STILL shine!

17. LancerGTS

nice ill try the armor all ones!

18. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

i use the armor gel as well. and i love it 8)

19. lovemylancer420

lovemylancer420 Well-Known Member

ive used eagle one tire shine (spray) for the last three years and i love it. only problem is the marks it leaves on my driveway...