The Dude's End =(

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by TheDude, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

damn im like removing my amp for fear of fire tomorow that and it sits right under my passenger side front seat

you could always remove the bumper and headlights and sell them to some crafty people

2. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

dude that blows i cant imagine what it must feel like.

3. cramm

cramm Well-Known Member

:cry: <-- Said it all..

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in the headlights....... Very interested.

5. moon

moon Active Member

wow that was really hard to look through. sorry for your loss, u put a lot of hard work into her/him. :(

any future plans? did your insurance allow you to salvage anything? if not, most likely the insurance will just send it to a scrap yard, then you may be able to salvage something or at least pull something small as a memory to that project...

6. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

So far, insurance is trying to screw me over and not cover anything i put on it. Attornney says i really dont have a case... as for future plans i only have one: get another car. I bee lookin at some rx8s that are interesting me. Lets see what happens.

7. goof

goof Well-Known Member

na you dont want an rx-8 those new rotarys are peices unless u put money into it

8. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

IF i wanted power in my car, i wouldnt have firt bought a lancer :lol:

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

bright side: new car shopping is always fun

10. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

get a new attorney, u should be able to make a case from it

11. wong

wong Active Member

Omigosh...v sad to see a beautiful car becoming like that...my condolences bro.

I'm glad you are not hurt. Do look forward for a new car then...perhaps a reason to just buy a ralliart or an evo (if you can afford) and not do anything more, and enjoy the drive instead.

I think I will get an extinguisher as i noticed the fire burnt anything that is in plastic and fabric...leaving the core metals and cf parts.

12. NoFEAR

NoFEAR Active Member

sorry for uer ride....feel so bad~
    good thing is your ok and shopping new car~
    buy evo 9

13. pimpinfern

dude so what they gun do with ure car?, they gun crush it or throw it in a yard? cuz if they are throwing it in a yard, let me know where

14. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

why so you can cop some of his parts for free?
    help a brotha in need out and buy it off him if you really want the parts

15. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Well the thing is: if insurance pays him for his car, they keep it. I know. All you can do is get your personal belongings out at the scrapyard where they have it. Then its theirs to do with as they please. If it is completely scrapped by them, then the parts are up for grabs at the scrapyard. If they can salvage anything they might try to make money off of it. But with this car not much is salvagable from an insurers standpoint

16. pimpinfern

i would buy it off of him but he said the insurance company prob wont let him part out on w.e is left, so if the insurance company is just gun scrap it might as well go check it out

17. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

When my ex's Jetta got totalled we werent allowed to touch ANYTHING except for what was inside so we got our CDs out and I managed to steal the big VW symbol off the front haha but that was it.

The car was auctioned off for parts.

18. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

I'd guess the power or ground wire was too small a gauge that it couldn't handle the power, melted the insulation, and started to burn and catch fire.

Cars can be replaced, you can't glad you got out ok.

19. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

WTF, glad you're ok

20. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

Ordered a fire extinguisher... should be in sometime this week :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.