test drove a GTS and GS eclipse

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by vash_241987, Jul 8, 2007.

1. vash_241987

vash_241987 Well-Known Member

Both of them were auto 1st one I drove was the eclipse..it was nice..got some pickup in lower gears, but when I was on the freeway, I didn't feel like I was going faster, same with the GTS. I didn't play around with the GS sportronic mode too much. The GTS I liked when I was in sportronic w/ the paddles, feels and sounds WAY different then regular auto (probley would always keep the car in sport mode) Turning radius was aweasome on the GTS...we lost the liscense plate on the lancer so we went back to look for it. I really wished I was confendent on driving a MT because I really wanted to compare the two. I asked the sales rep. about the RA lancer, he said your looking at about 28-30K for it 8O I got that sinking feeling after he told me. He said that your going to get the evos AWD with a smaller turbo....thats all I got out of him.

2. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

Why not just wait for the real thing man? The new Evo will only cost around $32K to start.

3. Sp4rt4n

+ the new RA definitely will not be out before the Evo in February.

4. vash_241987

yeah thats what I was thinking...but hey things can change...I seriously love the lancer, the turning radius was the best, accel. in sporty mode was great. I have a year or two till I get a car on my own, so by the time im ready the RA will be out. I'm hoping that the base price for the RA would be 25K...but who know til its out.

5. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

no way man. the evo's now cost more then that and you can bet they are goin jack up the prices when they first come out. my guess is $35k + for the base and $40k + for top of the line

6. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

Vash did you get a price quote out the door for the GTS? I think there really expensive down here in California.. It's like 25+ for a fully loaded GTS.. =/ What did everyone else get theres for?

7. vash_241987

yeah the fully loaded gts mt was 25k. the asking price was 28k :p...im gonna wait for the ra to come out.

8. Sp4rt4n

I got my GTS 5M for 17,500 before tax and tag.

9. vash_241987

what did you get with it? that's a good price imo. one thing that sucks about the lancers here is the decreased hp, and the fully loaded gts is as much as the base evo. my brother in law suggested buying outside of cali.

10. Sp4rt4n

^ i didnt get the sun & sound ($1200) or the navi ($2000), so with those, i guess it would be around $21000 total. I got a good deal also because i know the CFO of the dealership i went to.

11. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I got a similar deal, they wanted $22 for mines. I told them FU, "i am getting a civic" and they gave me the deal for $17k

12. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^^simliar in price, but not the same model. i believe you bought an ES for $17k where as Sp4rt4n bought a GTS for $17.5k.

IMG_1627.jpg

13. bras_33

^true, I did get the es. It was only about $1000 over the msrp

14. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Holy Hell man, you are getting taken to the industrial cleaners!!!

Some of the people I have talked to in other forums about the 08' Lancer from Arizona, Florida, and California all said that the dealer was asking for somewhere between $21K and $24K for a fully loaded GTS. All of them, after some negotiation, managed to get down to $17 to $19K max. Especially since you are getting the Cali version with less HP, I would say screw you and leave unless they drop it a whole lot. hell, you could drive a couple hours into Arizona and get the better HP version for $17K to $18K after negotiations and then delay TTL until you get back to Cali. That way you get the better car and pay less :twisted: .

Bill

15. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

If i bought it out of state what would I have to do to get it in to California? I don't want to play over 22k..

16. bras_33

17. vash_241987

I was talking to my bro. in law about getting the car out of state, he said if they catch you, you got to pay tax on the car....