side marker lamp

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by hyperlite662, Jun 16, 2011.

1. hyperlite662

hyperlite662 Well-Known Member

anyone know where you could get different side markers that are located on the fender.

2. hyperlite662

i just pulled mine out. was wondering how you change the bulb. its sealed inside. i got 2011 lancer gts

3. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

You can't exactly change the bulb you've gotta change the whole housing. It's not like the old lancers now everything comes as one piece and you just plug it into the wire harness in the fender wall

4. hyperlite662

yea thats what i noticed. you know where we can buy ones with blue bulbs?
    and on top of that know where i could get blue bulbs for the directionals ?

5. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know about blue ones for the side markers unless you PAINT it blue...and as for the blinkers you could search on eBay for the bulb number and you should be able to find blue bulbs there that would fit...maybe even LEDs. You'll need to switch everything back to Amber for inspections though keep that in mind. I changed my city lights to blue LED and no one would inspect it that way so do something reversible...HAPPY HUNTING!

6. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Street tuned motorsports used to make smoked ones but they havent had them in stock for a while. $60 or so I think. I just used VHT Nightshades to paint mine.

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

$60 is pretty steep for a pair of blacked out lenses. Little ones at that.

8. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Thats why I blacked out my own. Dont look as good as the ones they sold though. They grind off all the numbers/letters and polish it clear before smoking them. But the $60 tag may also be why they don't have them now!