shifting issues

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by azn_ghetto, Oct 9, 2007.

1. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

i dono y but after awhile of driving my car doesnt feel like its shifting as smoothly as i was when i 1st bought the car, when i shift sometimes its smooth and sometimes usually in 2nd gear it feels like there is a notch or something in the gearbox. i notcied it more when i changed the shift nob to an aftermarket shift nob, but not as much as when i had the stock shift nob on, has any1 else encoungered this before?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I have the 5-speed and I dont feel any difference.

3. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

^ i do too have 5 speed and no difference and i have a carbon fiber knob :evil:

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

black chrome knob here :twisted:

5. brian360

brian360 Member

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes when I release the gas and push the clutch the engine will not rev down for a few seconds -- but not always. Of course when it catches me off guard I screw up the shift :) One time I was going from 1st->2nd, then aborted the shift cause I had to stop suddenly and the car was sitting there at about 1800 rpms for about 3-4 seconds while the car was at a dead stop before it went down to idle. Guess I have to get used to it.

As far as shifting smoothly, 1st gear always felt weird for me. Sometimes I can hear a _very_ slight 'clunk' when going into first -- most often when coasting about 2-4 mph, but also occasionly when stopped. Also it seems to come out of 1st gear kind of rough every now and then.

I've got 6k miles on it now and the behavior hasn't changed at all since only 6 miles on it when I bought it.

6. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

^^ yea thats 1 thing i hate my lancer has horrible throttle responce,, but if k&n would hurry and make a replacemnet air filter i beleve that would solve my problem