rpms/speed?

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by Jogenmaru, May 30, 2010.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Ok so somewhere along the line I screwed up my tachometer. Every gauge seems to be off. Especially the speedometer part. Im ok with the temp meter. And the rpms meter seems to be accurate considering the way my engine feels and where the rev limiter is set. It is supposed to be 6.2k for the rpm? But that raises one very important question. When you are on the highway and doing 3k rpm's in 5th gear, how fast are you going? The is mostly for 02-07 lancers OZ,ES,LS. I guess it would be the same as the ralliart but aren't you guys a 6-speed or is that just the evo.

Help is much appreciated. And I thank anyone who can help me.

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I'm not totally sure, but I think 3k is about 65. My MIVEC kicks in about 3500, and that is about 72mph for me

3. KillzBugzFast

KillzBugzFast Well-Known Member

For some reason I know this as of the other day: for the RA @ 2500rpm in 5th you're doing 55mph. As for the 2.0L Lancers I'm not too sure, but it should be close to that.

4. KillzBugzFast

KillzBugzFast Well-Known Member

6speed is just the Evo. RA is a 5speed

5. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

for the 09 almost 70 in 5th

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

At 3k I'm at 70, almost exactly.

7. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

3k in 5th gear doesn't feel right to me. But it very close. But I shouldn't (I dont think) have passed everyone on my way to work today doing 70. I would assume there would atleast be one other person doin 70 heading in the same direction. Oh well. I will stay with that for now until I get pulled over.

So 3k is 70 mph for HUNK and The Beav. Seems a bit odd for 2 different Lancers (7th and 8th gen) to have the same rpms but have different hp. I wonder if they are using the same stroke pattern? (I think I phrased that right)

8. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

70mph is almost exactly 3k, if not exactly, it's at 3.2k or something.