Rockford sub

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by chetman7, Jul 12, 2007.

1. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to swap out the stock rockford sub?? I' already had mine blown out in 2 monthes and took another monthfor mitsu to get me a new one. I would like to sell the new one and get a better brand.

Any1 have any suggestions of what kind of sub will fit in this enclosure?

2. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

i haven't actually looked but i'm sure any 12'' would fit ...

i don't understand how you guys are blowing these ...

3. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

isnt it 10 "?

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

It does get hot in the trunk with the big @$$ muffler right below it. I had two boxes of paintballs in my trunk and it melted. And I was driving at night.

5. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

thats right ... it is a 10 isnt it

6. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

just make a custom box and pu like 2 12's in there chet. If you already blew out a Rockford sub, it seems like you need more power.

7. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I would love to put some jl subs and amp in..but I'm a college guy. I need the space for the trunk

8. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

yeah i blew mine also and it took a month and some change to get mine back im thinking of putting 2 twelves in their on each side so i still have trunk space.

9. GloomyGTS

GloomyGTS Member

I just swapped the stock sub that comes from Mitsubishi with a Rockford P1S410. This was a huge pain in the ass. The stock sub has a screw that threads into the back of the magnet. There is a cylinder inside of the enclosure that allows for a shorter screw to be used to reach the magnet from the back. Basically this means there isn't much room for an after-market sub because the cylinder makes the mounting depth so shallow. There are special shallow mount subs available, but they cost more. I took the hard route and sawed out the cylinder from the back of the enclosure, and then filled the hole with a circular wire terminal cup and then sealed it up with gasket maker. I don't recommend this is you have the sun and sound package as this will definitely void the warranty on your sub. I just bought the enclosure from a wrecked lancer and added it to the base system with an amp. FYI the stock sub has written on the magnet that it is only rated for 75 Watts.