Rev Limiter

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by FF7DarkCloud, Oct 29, 2007.

1. FF7DarkCloud

FF7DarkCloud Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how how to get rid of it????

2. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

rev limiter? where does it stop? im curious

3. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this was the rev limiter or not, but when I was just revving while stationary, it wouldnt want to go any higher than 5k, but while driving I've seen it hit redline.

4. FF7DarkCloud

FF7DarkCloud Well-Known Member

yeah thats what i meant, i know u can red line it while moving but it just makes me angry when your stationary all it goes up to is 4.5-5,000 rpm, do any one of you know how to get rid of that??

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Thats controlled by the ECU. Usually chips or reflashed ECUs can change the rev limit. Works is the only company that I know of thats working on an actual flash. RRMs piggy won't change it.

Why would you want/need to change it?

Reving that high sitting at a light or parking lot is just retarded and pointless. You will never launch at that RPM. What are you, 16?

For those wondering, the actual redline is 300 RPMs past the redline on the cluster.

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

agree, why would you want to rev that high? For launching, I do 35k and thats a 5 speed.

7. stefanBounket

stefanBounket Member

considering when you hit your max torque and stuff..... you wouldn't even need to rev to redline to launch efficiently... On top of that... the limiter lets you floor the gas while holding the clutch... wouldn't that make it easier for you to get full throttle right off the go?

Don't quote me on that... I just patch things that i've read together from multiple forums and google searches.

8. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

manual lets you rev up to redline in neutral i think, also dont you guys honestly think our engines can handle a 7000 rpm redline?i mean our block is perfectly square and 7,000 isnt that high for a four, with a reflash do you think they will raise it to 7,000?

9. SeRious08

No, you can rev it that high with the clutch pressed in. Sure our cars can handle a 7000 rpm redline. What mods are out there that would require you to need a redline of 7000?? None. Worry about it when you have the mods to need it. An intake, exhaust, piggyback ecu, and suspension mods don't rate/need a 7000 rev limit.

Besides the rev limit is already right at 6700-6800 rpms. Look at every dyno posted. Even with mods the hp drops between 5800-6200. The tq (which is everything) begins to drop between 5000-5500. Take it to the current redline and when you shift, you will stay whithin the powerband. Our powerband isn't up that high like Hondas.

10. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

it will be worth it when turbo kits come out, also a good tune with basic bolt ons would fix the powerband all the way up to a new redline

11. SeRious08

Well, he can worry about when he get a turbo. Also there are no basic boltons for this car except muffler, SRI, piggy ECU, and crank pulley. None of them rate/need a 7000 rpm redliine. Its going to be awhile before anyone of us will need a redline that high.