RETIRED: shieldwolf342s 2003 OZ Rally What will come next?

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by shieldwolf342, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

I ended up with final product as this for the "case" to primarily hold the lcd gives it a clean look
    Black_Double_Din_Nano_ITX_Carputer_Enclosur

and im using a lcd similar to this

Lilliput_EBY701

Im actually using the Lilliput 7" Um-70t but that one ^ is better designed my lcd video panel came apart from the touch part and its meant for that case. while in your case and mine for that matter its not gonna hold the computer the lcd fits like a glove. Obviously you remove the lcd from its case and insert it into the computer frame. but its nice so far coming along decent should have it hopefully back up except for the the double din panel this weekend.

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I like the box. Im not too fond of the monitor though. I like the one that is powered by the usb port. That way I dont need a graphics card and have one less thing to power on with a 12v power source and cool down.

3. shieldwolf342

I would go with the one I'm using the the only thing is the power switch for the monitor is what I'm working on now ill keep u updated

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

4. Jogenmaru

Yea. I would most likely try to link it to ignition. Same with the pc. I would just have to remember to cut it(computer) off before I cut the car off.

5. shieldwolf342

Mp3car,com has a lot of stuff if ya hadn't already found them

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

6. Jogenmaru

Cool thanks. My gf will kill me when I install it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

7. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

This computer idea sounds sweet. can't wait to see the final product shield

8. shieldwolf342

GUESS WHAT !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just waiting on the amp to power the speakers if it shows up this week as long as the weather is decent it will be in this weekend!

9. Jogenmaru

quick question....will you keep the radio unit? if so, how will that work with the a/c and touch screen monitor. I would get rid of it altogether not unless there is a program that lets you pick up a radio signal using an attenae that is powered by usb or something.

10. shieldwolf342

i will not be keeping the stereo deck it will be going strictly computer.... i will have a usb cellular modem (virgin mobile) and that will provide internet when i do want to stream "radio" using pandora or slacker radio.

11. shieldwolf342

It has been a good ride all but its time for me to move on I'm moving to the Florida area and when I get down there I'm going to be getting a new car....Looking at an SVX. They have always intrigued me as a car. Some one has put an offer on the car and hopefully I can sell it before I move.

12. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Good luck selling it and with the move. Being in fla means you'll be in the southern club. Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.