Remote start...

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by 08mitz, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

^ What really it is, is a way for the gov to screw the public and not take tighter measures against the car makers. So why not tax the lil guy/gal.

2. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Tomato, tomahto...potatoe, potahto...

Bill

3. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

Does ne one have any ideas of places to have it installed? (Circuit City wouldn't do it cuz i have a 5 spd) Thx.

4. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

I dont think u can on a 5 speed, but i'm not sure!

5. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

Yes it can be done you have to by pass a lot of wires just like the explained it up there^^^ my friend has his for his eclipse and its a 5spd

6. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

They make alarms with remote start specificly for standard cars. Big name radio/alarm shops like Best Buy and Circuit City won't install them for insurance reasons. Go to a small local shop and they will do it.

7. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

^do they all have the capability of working on standards? ... my friend gets a big discount for working at best buy. i get the top of the line viper system for 191.xx out the door!i know a lil shop here in garland that will do it.

8. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

Any place that offers installation of remote starters or security systems will install for automatic transmissions and manual transmissions both. Some charge extra for manual transmissions however, due to the extra bypassing that has to be done.

Best Buy where i live does actually install security/remote start systems
    Circuit City by me does as well

^^I don't recall seeing any compustar brands or anything at either of the above....nothing too great...a couple vipers maybe but nothing 2way that i remember

but fyi they do install very few remote starters

9. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

For the most part, yes. But the ones that are designed for standards will let you know if the car is in 1st gear before you hit the "start" button.